The Big O's Fenway Park WIP - Night version begins

The Big O

I am moving closer and closer to releasing the dusk version beta. I have decided to do this because I think you guys deserve it after putting up with 14 pages of progress. It will be released this weekend if all goes well.

Mastasports thanks for all your input, you've helped mold this thing but unfortunately there are limits with what EA left me to work with. First of all due to the lack of vertices and disapperaring ones, there will be no railings. Also as I stated before there is no way to put a good looking tarp on the field on the 1st base side. What can I say? They put it in for Wrigley but not Fenway. I did recolor the poles and the supports and fixed up the Monster seating somewhat.

One of the major things you will notice is EA left the back of the third base line seating all open when in fact it is closed, so I made this change as well as the proper shading to go with it. There is much more stuff that I did that I can't even remember it all but if you go here you can see more of my updated WIP.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey, these screenshots look awesome, but i have one itty bitty thought- the crowd doesn't look realistic.. whenever i go to games its a sea of replica jerseys, pink hats, red alternates, etc etc. i actually notice it a lot when playing the ea version of the park because it just doesnt look like the right color from a distance

just a little thing, and the mods you've done to the park look stunning and i cant wait to try it !

hey, these screenshots look awesome, but i have one itty bitty thought- the crowd doesn't look realistic.. whenever i go to games its a sea of replica jerseys, pink hats, red alternates, etc etc. i actually notice it a lot when playing the ea version of the park because it just doesnt look like the right color from a distance

just a little thing, and the mods you've done to the park look stunning and i cant wait to try it !

I do plan on modding the crowd to give it a "Red Sox Nation" flavor like I did for my Oriole Park mod with the O's fans.

I never thought about that, replica jerseys WOULD look cool...and they do fill the stadium...only problem (correct me if I'm wrong, Big O) is that half of the fans show up reversed, so the only way to have everyone correct is to make a (can't think of the word, but it means exactly the same on both halves) image, which leaves few choices. EZorn made SPANK THE YANKS T-shirts last year like that though, and it didn't really detract from the realism. Yeah, fans with jerseys would be perfect!

Big O- that is just simply amazing. Thank you for taking time to read my little list there - I figured most of those wouldn't be possible because of EA's building of the original stadium. But the newest work makes the stadium look 10x better, despite the fact they are fairly subtle changes!

But, there are just a few more things I noticed when checking out the latest screens:

The Ford logo in the dugout seems a tad too small. I'm not sure if you used a photo for this, or just did it by scratch. Ezorn's last year was great.

The green in the dugouts you have is also is a tad lighter than the rest of the stadium, almost a teal. I think it needs to be darkned just a little bit.

Is there any way to add the remaining 5 feet or so above where your photo-realistic section of the press box area ends? I am talking about just above the Fenway Park sign.

Between the behind-home plate ads and the dugout-side ads, the wall is not photorealistic, and kind of throws off the whole area. Do you have any photos that you would be able to place there?

The said dougout-side ads seem a little too compressed. I think you just need to stretch them out just a tad.

I think the color of the monster sign joists needs to be darkened, although it might just be the same DunkinDonuts sign effect talked about before.

Were you able to get the BOA/DHL logos on the dugout roof edge?

The color of the ladder background still seems off.

The monster seats are also a bit too dark/forest green.

Other than that, there are just the infield logos, grass, and crowd to be done!

I was right Big O - there is a ad in an ad holder right to the left of the tarp down the 1B line, right before Pesky's Pole. From the quick glimpse I just got on TV, it looks like some type of Verizon ad - black.

From this picture, I can tell it's the same Verizon ad seen on the bullpen wall.

The white arrow is the tarp cover, the yellow is the Verizon sign.

verizon3hc.th.jpg

What I would do is just put the bullpen verizon ad on top of the delta ad holder you already made, and make the whole thing a little taller and skinnier.

Other ads I've seen in this ad holder so far this game are Mohegan Sun (same as RF) and Bank of America (Same as HP)

Also, on a side note, do you have the 2004 World Champions (Wow, that sounds so cool. I just had one of those 'times' where the victory finally hits you - again.) pennant banner up near the 1999 one?

The beastocity level of this stadium already exceeds 1,000. I can't wait to see it when it's done. It'll be over 1,000,000!! THE HIGHEST BEASTOCITY EVER! :mrgreen:

I knew I wasn't the only one to use the word "beast" with other suffices!!

dude forget the small tidbits that people are telling you to fix...no one really thinks about that and looks for it during the game. it's the overall appeal and major parts that matter. if you have that done, it's fine and you should release it without spending any more time on it.

dude forget the small tidbits that people are telling you to fix...no one really thinks about that and looks for it during the game. it's the overall appeal and major parts that matter. if you have that done, it's fine and you should release it without spending any more time on it.

Wrong, I and most others want it as life like as possible, especially the Sox fans

:roll: Big O would agree that you couldn't be any more wrong.

We here at MVPmods do not cut corners. We acheive perfection before release.

If some of the great mod makers released their mods in such a fashion, cutting corners and just saying "done" when they felt like it, they frankly wouldn't be "great" modders. Their strides for perfection IS what makes both them and their mods so fantastic.

For example:

Ezorn's 2004 Fenway

Big O's Oriole Park

:roll: Big O would agree that you couldn't be any more wrong.

We here at MVPmods do not cut corners. We acheive perfection before release.

If some of the great mod makers released their mods in such a fashion, cutting corners and just saying "done" when they felt like it, they frankly wouldn't be "great" modders. Their strides for perfection IS what makes both them and their mods so fantastic.

For example:

Ezorn's 2004 Fenway

Big O's Oriole Park

Yep I try to strive for perfection and to just to let you know after working on this Fenway I've learned many new modding techniques which will be used to perfect my next version of Oriole Park. I've worked on Fenway so much I feel that I am turning to the dark side so I can't wait to work on Oriole Park again! :lol:

Yep I try to strive for perfection and to just to let you know after working on this Fenway I've learned many new modding techniques which will be used to perfect my next version of Oriole Park. I've worked on Fenway so much I feel that I am turning to the dark side so I can't wait to work on Oriole Park again! :lol:

LOL....c'mon...you know you want to. :p

Download "Tessie" from iTunes, and your journey to the Dark Side will be complete. :D

Seriously...outstanding work on this project. :thumbsup: Release it when you're happy with it. From what I've seen so far, this will be the watermark all other stadium mods will be measured by. It's that good NOW...

Thank you for your continuing efforts on this mod. I'm looking forward to Manny and Papi launching homers towards a working Citgo sign, and Tek smashing triples off the Giant Glass sign in the triangle. :D

Archived