WIP - 1999 "Turn Ahead The Clock" jerseys

fizzjob

I don't know how many people remember these monstrosities, but a bunch of teams trotted these out for a game or two back in '99. Usually considered the worst group of uniforms in baseball history. Certainly the ugliest promotion ever devised...

I'm starting, for no good reason, with the Cleveland Indians:

Indians.jpg

There are a few inaccuracies, which are probably not going to change due to limitations within MVP - the super-short sleeves (as seen above), and the players names should appear vertically (as seen below):

cle-realback.jpg

Here's how they're coming along:

cle_front.jpg

And the back, with an attempt at mimicing the metallic shimmer of the name & number:

cle_back.jpg

There will probably be plenty more where that came from. :)

Hey fizz, nice try but those really look silly bro. LMAO :lol: Since when did India have a pro baseball team?? :p Too bad you cant make Indians go straight across and just a bit smaller to where you can fit the whole ensignia on the front. That would be a lot better IMO.........Good attempt. Now just work on the blue jersey with the white sleeves and make the Indians smaller on the front with the same back, or try to get the back you want and you got it down perfect.

Hey fizz, nice try but those really look silly bro. LMAO :lol: Since when did India have a pro baseball team?? :p Too bad you cant make Indians go straight across and just a bit smaller to where you can fit the whole ensignia on the front. That would be a lot better IMO.........Good attempt. Now just work on the blue jersey with the white sleeves and make the Indians smaller on the front with the same back, or try to get the back you want and you got it down perfect.

It is supposed to be like that, its the "turn ahead the clock" jersey

why can't you just finish the logo on the side or back of the jersey by editing those files with the "ns" from "Indians"?

'Cause that's not how they made them. The only team that participated in the TATC promotion back in '99 that had a wraparound jersey were the Diamondbacks.

i think these are pretty damn hot, and they are AUTHENTIC, not fantasy that's always a + IMO. they may be ugly or weird as hell, but you've done a great job replicating them as they should be. i'll definitely dload these to fill some empty slots, should be a blast. keep up the good work.

You should be able to create the short sleeves. I did it for the Pirates 1999 Turn Ahead the Clock Jersey. You have to remember, teams wore a t-shirt under the jersey. You have to create the sleves of the jersey with the T-shirt color underneath and the short part of the jersey at an angle over top of it.....

PiratesTACTunis%20ahead.jpg

Another quick preview, this time it's Anaheim:

anaWIP.jpg

I'm having a small issue with the sleeves, there's a small squared-off piece that the model seems to impose:

sleeveissue.jpg

...once I iron that out, I should be able to churn them out fairly quickly.

I'm doing as many of them as I can find pictures for. There are a couple of teams (Oakland and Atlanta) that participated in the promotion, but I can't dig up any photos of the uniforms. Also, Boston & Detroit were supposed to participate, but the uniforms didn't arrive due to Hurricane Floyd.

Other than that, I am going to do all of the teams that took part in the promotion. Most of the basics are done, the big hurdle now is that sleeve thing.

Archived