Anaheim Stadium - The Protest Version...The work ends!

HaloFan

This is really weird. I'm using KC's uniforms and it hasn't crashed for me because of it.

I don't normally use the home whites, I've modded myself a road version with Anaheim on the chest, which is typically the unis I've used during the testing process.

It is at least nice to know that the issue most likely is not with the stadium.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is really weird. I'm using KC's uniforms and it hasn't crashed for me because of it.

I don't normally use the home whites, I've modded myself a road version with Anaheim on the chest, which is typically the unis I've used during the testing process.

It is at least nice to know that the issue most likely is not with the stadium.

OK!!!! FINALLY!!! I CAN ENJOY IT 8):lol: It was KC's for me, using now Umachines Angel jerseys, thx to agent that send it to me. Works like a charm....WHAT A STADIUM!!!

Some have questioned the value of OEdit. To them I say, take a look at this:

OEditIsGood.jpg

This is what I have to start with. What a mess, eh? This is how an OEdit mod begins. You can either stay in the lines of what EA gives you, conform and contort your artwork to where they say it belongs, or you can rip apart their foundations and start from scratch.

I obviously choose to start from scratch. It's also why OEdit kicks so much ***.

So it begins again, my latest attempt to complete a night version of Angel Stadium Of Anaheim for MVP. No timetable of course, as it's a fairly different beast than the day version. But sometime soon that horrible mess you see above will look quite simular to what you've all downloaded yesterday.

Halo, let me tell ya...now that I have unis that don't crash MVP..this day version is fantastic...I can REALLY enjoy my Angel dynasty now.

Small suggestion for the night version:

On a lot of stadium mods out there, the nighttime ad "brightness" is way too bright. Especially the ads on the outfield walls. The ones on scoreboards should be bright because they are lighted up, but the ads on the walls are not backlit in real life. So if you could tone down the brightness of ads that are not backlit I think they would look more realistic and give the feeling of playin at night a bit more than other stadium mods.

Just a thought...

Thanks again for all your work!

I use KC's unis with no patch, no datafile, and sdcorreia's FSN overlay. The stadium works fine in any play mode with any uniform. Anyway the stadium is absolutely spectacular. Thanks for the great work HaloFan, can't wait for a night version. Could I trouble you for an ETA?

Wow, did I say WoW!

You take the cake Halofan, no doubt about it. Everyone thought Pirate was the second coming of Christ, but you my friend are the real thing!

Smooth lines, high res, just perfect! Did I even say that I don't even like the Angels? Best Stadium mod to date without question. Too bad it wasn't Minute Maid Park. :cry:

night2.jpg

I've cleaned up most of that mess from my previous pic. It's now taking the look of the day version to at least a certain extent.

But what you might also see in this pic is one of the ore frustrating things EA does. Not all verticies are created equal. Take a look at the San Diego Zoo ad, see how dark it is? Now look at the Pechanga and Banco Popular ads. All of these are the same color in the .bmp, but the vertex I've used for the Zoo ad has a lighting effect applied to it that makes it very tough to get an even overall color.

Agent, I do apply lighting effects to my images. The Register ad up above has been brightened up, as to try and give off the effect that the letters are lit up from the inside.

I've darkened the Calr's and Saturn ads slightly, while the game is darkening the Toshiba, Panda Express, and Albertsons ads. I'm going to try and find a way to have the dark ads, but also have the out of town scoreboard remain bright, as it is an LED board.

Hey HaloFan... this is a thing of beauty, bro! excellent job :D.

The only thing that really looks 'yuk' and craps such an incredible job is the terrible textures shown for the backstop seats/public... is there any possible way for you to improve those???

Oh, and one last thing... why not change 'OAKLAND' for 'VISITOR' in the scoreboard??? ;).

Here's the problem with the dugout suites behind the plate. The game stretches out those images, making it difficult to make those look good. I guess I could try and squish the images and have the game then expand that...

As for why not visitors, I thought about that, but with the opposing pitcher on one screen, and having an out of town scoreboard with 28 teams, I just figured I'd pick one team.

After I finish the night version I have thought of offering customized versions with whatever team somebody would want as the visitors. I wish I could just release an update pack where a certan file is updated, but it wouldn't be that easy. ;)

suitetest.jpg

Edit: Here's a test of a new image for the dugout suites. I've upgraded the fans to the 2005 fans, so it at least looks a little better. I may try and bring down the actual netting to the field, instead of applying my own to the image.

for my .02 cents, I'd say forget the fans behind the plate and just use green padding and some ads.

OR

have just a few fans, 2 or 3. Because when I watch the game, there usually is only 1,2, or 3 fans in the tv view at any one time.

but, for me, just my opinion, I'd rather just have padding and an ad or two.

thanks though regardless of what you pick. :wink:

I'd say forget the fans behind the plate and just use green padding and some ads

I was thinking about this, but was a little hesitant about mentioning it to HaloFan. That may be a good way of dealing with it without having to add any textures that no matter what will look weird at the end.

Comparison time:

BEFORE:

BehindHome.jpg

AFTER:

suiteprogress.jpg

OK, it's not perfect, but I think it looks quite a lot better than what I have in the day version. This is a shot using the default behind the pitcher view.

I've moved the net down to the field level, so that I didn't have to make my own for this part. I do have to make my own for the suites that are beyond where the net is, but it shouldn't stand out too much from these. I do have to update the behind the plate ad image, so that it goes better with the new stuff, but I'm liking the progress.

What I ended up doing was upping the image size for the wall file from 256X256 to 512X512. Then instead having each are take up half the space in that image, I cut off 50% of the headroom, which cut down on the stretching so much. It also allows me to have another set of those people to work with for the area that lies beyond the netting the game puts in.

BudLight.jpg

Would anybody like a Bud Light? ;)

I'm toying around with lighting effects now, as I really want to give the night version a different feel than what you get in the day version. With the lighting, it actually looks like those letters have some depth to them now, or at least brings them to life much more than in the day version.

If nothing else, it looks kinda cool.

MoreLights.jpg

Here's another example of my new lighting techniques. The Angel Stadium sign is now "turned on," although it doesn't stand out quite as much as the Budweiser sign.

I've also attempted back lighting for those other ads up there. Depending on which vertex is used, the lighting looks pretty good, or everything just looks dark. This is one of the dark ones.

MoreLights2.jpg

And here are those two ads again, this time with a vertex that doesn't darken the image.

MoreLights3.jpg

And here's the RF corner, Adelphia and Edison have the proper look, as does Angel Stadium, while Suzuki and Bank Of America are darkened. Unfortunately I do not have a great selection of vertices that will show up for these areas, so I have to take what i can get. It ends up looking like some of these ads need their bulbs replaced. ;)

Archived