major minor league update project thread - vero bch dodgers!

RAM

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about my F-cats? Can they be "special" too? :lol:

LOL! actually look for an updated fcats set sometime next week or the week after. i am adding probably 3 jerseys to the set. 2 green bp's and one black alt home i think.

are you still doing the m's dynasty? you know i updated the rainiers pack right?

are you still doing the m's dynasty? you know i updated the rainiers pack right?
Yeah, it's coming along slowly. Haven't had much time lately to do much gaming. I have the new unis downloaded and sitting on my desktop, but I haven't had the time to get around to importing them.

RAM (and gobucs),

I'll do the rest of the Dodgers system today and then hold off. I really need to get into OEdit and play around and see if I can figure out how to do this stuff as well.

I know there are tutorials out there, but can somebody point me to the best one for doing uniform editing?

Los Angeles Dodgers Single-A (Advanced) Franchise

Vero Beach (FL) Dodgers

Rambully, as a note, I'll be going to the Sounds/51s game on Saturday evening here in Nashville, so I'll be able to get good shots of the 51s Road Jerseys for you to use. And I might add you did an EXCELLENT job on the Sounds unis. Spot on!

Just let us know when you're ready for some more! :D

cool. yeah, they have actually do have some fairly accurate one's in there. they do need A LOT of editing, but they can come through as a last resort in the clutch. of course it's always my last ditch effort but, jeez, well you know how tough it can be to get some of these MILB logos man.

RAM (and gobucs),

I'll do the rest of the Dodgers system today and then hold off. I really need to get into OEdit and play around and see if I can figure out how to do this stuff as well.

I know there are tutorials out there, but can somebody point me to the best one for doing uniform editing?

to answer your question there sorry, i didn't see it till now. first uniforms aren't edited in oedit, that's strictly faces and ball parks. what you will need is a good program like photoshop, paintshoppro or corel. personally i use photoshop 7. do you have any of these? if not PS 7 is fairly cheap nowadays. don't know the pricing on PSP or corel. but anyway you will need one of these to create the uniforms. you can download gimp (gooogle it) it is free i have heard it is powerful to do most of what you need, and i have also heard it is very limited. i don't know but it may serve as a good starting point.

best thing i can recommend is downloading some templates from here. you'll have to search the dload section. there are a couple. i use the 2xlite ones by umachines- which i believe has a small tutorial in it. i believe kc has some 2x ones here and so does rolie.

best thing i can recommend and how i learned was trial and error. take a template and just experiment w/ it. you can ask for help but it's hard to give a tutorial because if you are unfamiliar with the program you are using to start with; that my friend is half the battle. so assuming you aren't mess around in PS and see what happens.

feel free to ask me questions (not here but pm) i can't guarantee i can answer them all for you. and i can't guarantee i can answer them as fast as you like. but i'll do my best. between this, school, my boring job, my dogs and my grilfriend- i am pretty busy. and no, despite popular belief i'm not on here 24/7. i'm only on 24/7 during baseball season. :p

Thanks for the reply RAM. I'm a web developer by trade, so I'm very familiar with PS (though I personally prefer and use Fireworks MX). I'll have to start playing with stuff, and I'm sure the first few are just really gonna suck, but that's how everybody starts, right? :D

I played about 10 minor league games last night, and I just can't get over how GREAT all of your unis look. I can't wait to see the others when you get them done.

Thanks for the reply RAM. I'm a web developer by trade, so I'm very familiar with PS (though I personally prefer and use Fireworks MX). I'll have to start playing with stuff, and I'm sure the first few are just really gonna suck, but that's how everybody starts, right? :D

I played about 10 minor league games last night, and I just can't get over how GREAT all of your unis look. I can't wait to see the others when you get them done.

thanks for the kind words my man. web developer huh? cool. yeah i'm working on my nwork engineering degree myself. but i'm gettin older LOL. wasted alot of time when i was younger, i'll tell you the story sometime.

but cool. so see, half the battle is won since you know how to use an editor. the other part is well..not easy but more of a time/commitment/patience /trial and error thing. a tutorial is tough because there are few ways to do each thing and honestly what may work for me, may not work for the next guy. it's all about how you feel comfortable in it.

ok guys real quic update. you may notice i pulled all pics.

1) they are taking up too much server space.

2) i was over at ssur and they are having server problems due to the fact that people are hotlinking to their images. an i see some of these images WERE indeed hot linked t them. i don't want their server going down. so....

from now on just pm me when you have pics and most of you have my email address anyways so just email them.

let's just use this thread for preview pics of my in progress stuff and comments/ requests/ or just chitchat ok?

oh and by the way it is my fault I AM the one who asked for the pics :twisted:

home unis done. now i need to see if i can get the roads in there without fonts on the back, so far it has been a battle. so we'll see. so far the home uni is occupying the road's slot.

pawsoxpitch7ga.jpg

pawsoxswing9mk.jpg

cool thanks

problem i'm having is ea has that weird alt jersey in slot A. so if i add this home uni to the A slot w/ this one i get font's on the front -none on the back. if i plug it into C i get no front fonts- but fonts on the back. if i plug it into B i get it just right. but, THEN i have the same problem w/ the road jerseys all over again.

are you saying i can now plug B (roads) into any slot and not have the names on the back w/ these road fonts? fonts aren't my strong suit. actually they drive me nuts.

cool thanks

problem i'm having is ea has that weird alt jersey in slot A. so if i add this home uni to the A slot w/ this one i get font's on the front -none on the back. if i plug it into C i get no front fonts- but fonts on the back. if i plug it into B i get it just right. but, THEN i have the same problem w/ the road jerseys all over again.

are you saying i can now plug B (roads) into any slot and not have the names on the back w/ these road fonts? fonts aren't my strong suit. actually they drive me nuts.

yes that font will remove names, though in my PawSox I kept the Alt in slot one to keep the front numbers, however I suspect they don't appear IRL but no one tells me anything. :cry: If you want them for the rod unis, tell me the colour and I'll send you a correct fsh.

thanks moser, hopefully i can have them up by tonight, then i'll be done foar the rest of the week till maybe saturdayish. pressing things here, so today is my one free day.

yes that font will remove names, though in my PawSox I kept the Alt in slot one to keep the front numbers, however I suspect they don't appear IRL but no one tells me anything. :cry: If you want them for the rod unis, tell me the colour and I'll send you a correct fsh.

yes i will keep the alt in A, home in B, road in C, bps in D&E i believe.

Archived