major minor league update project thread - vero bch dodgers!

RAM

RAM,

We're all in your debt man. Those that whine about it don't generally understand the dedication and work it takes to do this kind of thing. Modders don't EVER get enough credit for the work they do for FREE, and it something we all, as a community, need to acknowledge. I personally would not have bought MVP 2005 if I didn't know there would be a strong modding side to it, and RAM is one of the best, and one of the most dedicated, as he has a project NOBODY else wanted to (or wants to) take on.

Rockfan, I know you didn't mean to disregard the work RAM did on this great pack, but unfortunately, you did. It's a learning process. In the future, I'd recommend you look at the preview pics, and if you see something not quite accurate, politely point it out. In the case of the unis, I've now seen first hand what RAM is talking about with the stretching, and it's not an easy thing to deal with. If EA would just make things easy for everybody...:mrgreen:

I think they look phenomenal, and will LOVE playing my Boston Dynasty even more now!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah what he said :mrgreen: . and rice -i am glad you enjoy them. i for one feel they came out pretty good. i guess i wlll begin the sea dogs this weekend. the remainder of my week will be spent trying to get some time in at my job.

EDIT - oh just to point out it wasn't rockfan that made the "comment that broke the camel's back". what his name is on the previous page. rockfan has been nothing but kind and supportive to the project.

These look good, but they have the EA "Red Sox" script on them, and it runs over the buttons. Any chance of anyone making them with the real "Red Sox" font that they use, and with RED on one side, SOX on the other?

and if you were that bothered you could have used mine where the words were like that!

please don't take this the wrong way..

Your dark blue seems a little dark and it loses some of the seam definition. A good way around this is to duplicate the texture layer and set it to overlay, then do another as multiply. If you mess with the overlay opacity slider you should be able to get a nice definition. Works for other dark unis too, don't know if you saw my Blue Rocks alt?

RAM, no need to get defensive. I just made a comment that the font on those jerseys is not the font that is actually on the jerseys, it's the same font EA uses, which is the font that the Red Sox use on their spring training jerseys, logos, bumperstickers, and just about everything else in the world except their home jerseys. I actually loved your Pelicans jerseys (I'll only use your originals (BP, RainbowGuts), not the default vomit-stain-outlined jerseys, those were beyond modding I think). Your mesh BP Pelican jerseys are without question the most realistic jersey I've seen yet, and I'm sad to say my series with them is over.

no worries. glad you enjoy the sets. give the pawsox a try, on the whole i think they came out very well. there will be some minor changes whenever v2.0 comes around.

i am 1/6th of the way through the minor leagues! only 75 to go. :lol:

boo, that sucks. well you could download one of umachines packs and edit his installer batch to work for you. i've done it before. all the bmps are in there and the files are appropriatley named so you could do that. i was going to do an installer like his. well actually he was going to do them for me but, there just hasn't been time yet. what problem are you having with mvpstudio? in the meantime, you can just edit files and batch file to install the 2 you like the best of each set. but unless you know how to add the bmps in the batch they won't show in jersey selection.

yes make sure you click the lightning button, you may just be adding them. the lightning button exports them to the models and uniforms.big files in your game folder. it's not a compression isuue though.

When I do that, In game there is one more spot with a black selection box and the uni works in game. But because the Studio doesn't detect that there's one installed, Whenever I try to add another uni it will just overwrite slot C :angry:

are you highlighting the radio (bubble) button for each jersey? ok. this is what you have to do:

find the team lets say richmond braves in AAA. then click encode team, this will bring up all their jersey. click the radio button next to the first one should be home- now click add (the cross button) now click bmp add- navigate over to the ramsrichfuzz (or whaever i named it) open home folder- double click bmp- now repeat process for the ufsh and the ffsh now click the cross button again. now when you've done this for all the jerseys, click the ligthning bolt. check it out see if all the slots are filled with jersey bmps. now check in game. it sounds to me like the studio is working for you. you may be missing a step in there.

RAM, it does sound to me that TT is missing a step somewhere in what he is trying to do also. Fuzz's studio is something I depend on a lot for my uniforms. I love it.

Now, to get back on topic, I must protest your work on the Pawtucket Red Sox uniforms. Ok, ok. I downloaded your Yankee uniforms for Columbus, Trenton and Tampa. Why couldn't Boston's minor league team be done last?? 8O

Never mind that they look good. Never mind that it makes the game look better. Never mind that I like your work. Never mind all that. You did the Red Sox too quick.

I'm going to have to have a conference with MarkbtheYankee to see what needs to be done. :cry: :cry: :cry:

:wink: :wink: :wink:

are you highlighting the radio (bubble) button for each jersey? ok. this is what you have to do:

find the team lets say richmond braves in AAA. then click encode team, this will bring up all their jersey. click the radio button next to the first one should be home- now click add (the cross button) now click bmp add- navigate over to the ramsrichfuzz (or whaever i named it) open home folder- double click bmp- now repeat process for the ufsh and the ffsh now click the cross button again. now when you've done this for all the jerseys, click the ligthning bolt. check it out see if all the slots are filled with jersey bmps. now check in game. it sounds to me like the studio is working for you. you may be missing a step in there.

That is what I have been doing to no avail :cry:

That is what I have been doing to no avail :cry:

Wait a sec. After it says you have added the uniform, this is what I do: I look for the uniform that was added and then I highlight it in the middle box. THEN go to the box at the lower right hand corner. When you highlight that box it says this Left click to extract uniform images. Right click to save uniform files That is what I do, I right click. Then, I click on the lightening bolt (lower left hand corner, it says "Export to Game Directory?") and then it does that. Then I have the uniforms in the game. I've never missed one by doing it like this.

Wait a sec. After it says you have added the uniform, this is what I do: I look for the uniform that was added and then I highlight it in the middle box. THEN go to the box at the lower right hand corner. When you highlight that box it says this Left click to extract uniform images. Right click to save uniform files That is what I do, I right click. Then, I click on the lightening bolt (lower left hand corner, it says "Export to Game Directory?") and then it does that. Then I have the uniforms in the game. I've never missed one by doing it like this.

y4L when you do the extract thing you speak of, all you are doing is creating a uniform folder with that particular jersey in it and it's fsh files. so you can edit them if you wish.

Archived