All-Time Teams mod

BigDaddyCool

Was '98 McGwire's best year? I dunno. He had the most homeruns, but some may think his best years were in Oakland.

Well it was his best year when he was with the Cardinals as far as production was concerned. His best year in Oakland I found was actually '96.

Some people may be concerned with how I am determining who is on the team and who isn't as far as putting them on the ML, AAA, AA or A team.

Actually I'm letting the game determine that for me. What I'm doing is seeing how the game ranks the team acording to positional ranking in Dynasty Mode. Then I go to MVPEdit and re-arrange the teams accordingly. That way when you play these teams in Dynasty Mode (if you wish) you won't have the computer re-arranging everything for you so there would be no surprises. Now you can always re-work the teams as you wish, but this just gives you a place to start with.

I'm almost done adding teams to the Angels and then I will start on the Giants. Sorry this is taking so long but life - especially my job - gets in the way sometimes.

If you're going to do the Mets:

C - Gary Carter

1B - Keith Hernandez

2B - Edgardo Alfonso

SS - Jose Reyes

3B - Howard Johnson

OF - Tommy Agee

OF - Mookie Wilson

OF - Carlos Beltran

DH - Mike Piazza

Bench

John Olerud, Lenny Dykstra, Buddy Harrelson, Cleon Jones, Robin Ventura

SP - Tom Seaver

SP - Jerry Koosman

SP - Al Leiter

SP - Pedro Martinez

SP - Doc Gooden

CL - John Franco, I guess

• 3 weeks later...

This is all really cool stuff, I tried doing that with importing some of the players from the TotalClassics roster set in with UR 2.2 (now 2.3) it didn't work as the game kept crashing :( . I would love to have a roster set and be able to use it with all those old-timers. Having guys like Williams, Yaz, Rice, Rico Petrocelli, Mo Vaughn, Clemens, Cy Young, Dwight Evans, Manny, and Ortiz on the same roster would be awesome (for the all-time Red Sox roster that is)!! :D I really hope this project takes off, I'll be one of the first ones to download it. Later!!! 8)

I love the oldie city ballclub dream team concept. But I hate traditional city team venues applied to the modern game. It holds no bearing or weight in this era because of steroids, free agency and greedy players. There is loyalty to $ and not home teams.

So my favorite dream team rosters to design are ethnic ones. White vs. Black vs. Latin vs. Asian. The parity and difficulty level you can apply is unbelievable. And seeing that the World Baseball Classic is coming up, it'll be in vogue to do so.

• 9 months later...

Actually I am using double players so that a comparison can be made of the player at different points of his career. I'm reserving it for the HOF calibur types like Reggie Jackson, Mark McGwire and Ricky Henderson, etc. I hadn't planned on a list in the read me but I can start working on it now that you mention it.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I started an all time roster for myself. I installed patch #5 then went from there adding the legends and heroes on there primary teams(team they played the most years for). Also, added some players that were in the faces download section! It's not perfect cause it takes alot of time, and any time i extracted a player from total classics say Shoeless Joe for example my game crashed when he came up to bat. So, I had to leave people like him and Roger Hornsby out. It's not perfect still needs work but if you want my roster I can send it to you. Might save you some time just because sounds like I'm a bit farther ahead than you.

Well the project hasn't really fallen through - I just haven't had a lot of time to devote to this project as of late.

So far here are the teams I have gotten done:

Dodgers

Angels

Giants

Yankees

Red Sox

Cardinals

Cubs

Athletics

Right now I am putting the finishing touches on the Astros and I should have that team ready soon.

Here's another thing, I have downloaded a lot of classic faces into this mod and I need permission from the following modders to use them before I can submit this for upload:

baseballfans: Darryl Strawberry, Kirby Puckett,Roger Maris, Ted williams,

Stan Musial, Ernie Banks, Rusty Staub, Cal Ripken Jr., Eddie Murray,

Willie Horton, George Brett, Roberto Clemente, Hank Aaron, Tony Gwynn,

Scott Brosius, David Cone, Chad Curtis, Chili Davis, Chuck Knoblauch,

Graham Lloyd, Ramiro Mendoza, Tim Raines, Mike Stanton...

bodhiball: Dwight Gooden, Chris Sabo, Ryne Sandberg, Ozzie Smith,

John Kruk, Orel Hersheiser, Mike Greenwell, Jim Rice, Kirk Gibson,

Ron Cey, Joe Rudi, Dom Dimmagio, Tony Lazzeri, Rickey Henderson (with

shades), Oil Can Boyd, Bill Buckner, Dwight Evans, Keith Hernandez,

Ray Knight, Tony Armas, Kevin Mitchell, Bob Stanley...

cankey: Dante Bichette

Jogar84: Dave Winfield, Gil Hodges, Wade Boggs, Carl Furillo,

Jim Gilliam, Johnny Podres, Fernando Valenzuela, Joe Girardi, Paul O'Neill,

Benny Agbayani, clean shaven Johnny Damon...

PeterBernard: Ron Guidry, Pete Rose, Tom Seaver, Goose Gossage, Tommie Agee, Bob Uecker, Sparky Lyle, Willie Mays, Tony Oliva, Ricky Henderson, Thurman Munson, Phil Rizzuto, Norm Cash, Sandy Koufax, Carl Yazstremski, Preacher Roe, Sal Bando, Leo Durocher, Shoeless Joe Jackson, Reggie Jackson, Bill Dickey, Vern Law, Don Mattingly, Rogers Hornsby, Lefty Gomez, Nellie Fox, Wally Moon, Smokey Burgess, Generic face with glasses...

Veesmack: Paul Molitor, Ken Caminiti, Deion Sanders, Mark McGwire, David Justice, Matt Williams, Duke Snider, Bob Lemon, Don Zimmer, Jose Canseco, Orel Hershiser...

Zach: Joe Dimaggio

69yanks: Whitey Ford, Ralph Houk, younger Phil Garner, younger Mike Hartgrove, younger Lou Pinella, younger Felipe Alou, Jeff Burroughs, younger Joe Torre with sideburns and younger Frank Robinson...

I have also integrated Uniforms from the magnificent MVP: 06 mod that gave credit to the following:

* Kccitystar

* RAM

* BigBully

* Umachines

* Moser

* thespungo

* Fizzjob

Now as to the unis I have no idea who did what, so if those modders say it's okay then I will submit what I have done so far for upload and call it version 1.0 and keep working on it until completion.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a person who did a full roster change with all time greats for each team a year or two ago. He abandoned the project when he lost his internet connection as he was living in argentina. I think it might still be on the servers, that might help you out somewhat.

Archived