Mark McGwire WIP...Couple of questions though.

DJEagles

I am working on Mark McGwire's cyberface, and I am knew to using Photoshop for the most part. Do I have to cut out McGwire's eyes and mouth? Or do I leave them in? I have uploaded the face to my game, but it looks weird, and the eyes and mouth don't move. Any suggestions or help?

hey man, i pretty much got the same problems are you're having actually. Like yourself i am totally new to this moddin thing and after seein a post by coco gettin faces and pics in games i had to try haha. I got my portrait in there with no problem at all. All the unpacking, re-packing and installing of the cyber faces i can do.... every time i try it comes out messed up.... the eyes are off, the lips come out flat looking. So i was wonderinf myself if you have to cut out the vital parts and paste them like a puzzle, or can you just cut out the whole face and paste it over the bitmap. Been tryin all day with no positive results.

See, what I am wondering is...do you copy the face onto the original...then line up the eyes and mouth. After you do that...do you cut out mcgwire's eyes and mouth so the animated ones will work underneath? God, I hoped that made sense.

It's kinda complicating but i'll give you a few tips. I'm far from a pro on this and just started messing with faces myself after cocobee did a face for me. For fsh files with a whole face it's best to cut your new face into 3 different layers and then align and stretch over the original. You do have to cut out the eyes on these. I've done 2 of these and 1(Zambrano) was just a minor touchup since i couldn't get his eyes to look any better. For the half face you don't have to cut out the eyes. I've been workin on redoing myself in the game with the files cocobee used and so far so good. I didn't have to layer the new face at all but i'm having trouble with the eyes. They don't line up in game and i had to fire up oedit and start messing around with them but i haven't gotten anywhere with oedit yet. :( I'm gonna keep at it though.

I'd Like to see a McGwire, was thinking about making him also. He used to be my favorite player. Anyone have any suggestions on what face might work for him? :p

I am starting to think that trying to make cyberfaces is going to send me to an early grave. LOL! I have been attempting to make them using some member's suggestion to skip the whole oedit process. Dear God, the fact that I am a newb using Photoshop is bad enough...I have come to the realization that making faces is not not going to happen for me. I have been trying to do a McGwire since saturday afternoon, and I am getting no where with it. If anyone has anymore tips, it would be appreciated. I know how to get the faces into the game, it's lining them up on the original model that I am having no luck with...thanks!

hey man thanks for the little pointers. I think i understand what you're sayin and will mess around with it later or tomorrow night, one quick question though. For the fsh files that are full faces you said we gotta cut out the eyes do you mean not to cover the eye sockets on the fsh file turned bitmap we are laying our faces onto. I think thats what you mean but i aint 100 percent. Thanks for the help though man

Go Braves

hey man thanks for the little pointers. I think i understand what you're sayin and will mess around with it later or tomorrow night, one quick question though. For the fsh files that are full faces you said we gotta cut out the eyes do you mean not to cover the eye sockets on the fsh file turned bitmap we are laying our faces onto. I think thats what you mean but i aint 100 percent. Thanks for the help though man

Go Braves

Rush,

If you get anywhere, it would be appreciated if you let me know...thanks.

Go Braves

Hey np.:) For the full faces you'll notice that the eyes are missing. Your new face that's gonna go over it has to look exactly the same with no eyes.

I hear ya djeagles11, i haven't had a good night sleep in 3 days. This stuff has been driving me crazy but i can't seem to put it down. Think i'm gonna actually play some mvp tonite, relax and enjoy the game for a change. :p Having some know how in photoshop helps greatly though. Just keep practicing man.

i will let you know for sure man, i do have some time tonight before bed but i dont know if i want the aggravation now :) so i am gonna wait till tomorrow after work to mess with it a bit... but yeah for sure i will let you know. Cause i seem to be havin the same problem you are like i said, i can load faces into the game with no problems, just getting it to all line up is being real f'in tough

i will let you know for sure man, i do have some time tonight before bed but i dont know if i want the aggravation now :) so i am gonna wait till tomorrow after work to mess with it a bit... but yeah for sure i will let you know. Cause i seem to be havin the same problem you are like i said, i can load faces into the game with no problems, just getting it to all line up is being real f'in tough

Thanks, appreciate it...I am gonna work on it a bit tomorrow also. My email is eagles5863@rogers.com...I will pass on anything that may help you also...between the two of us, we should be able to figure this whole cyberface crap out.

no doubt man, i am sure we will get it eventually. I am at badhed@adelphia.net any good progress you can shoot it over to me there and i would do the same. Gonna try cutting the eyes out tomorow night and see how that does. For now its off to bed and work in the AM peace

yeah i did notice the hollow eyes thats why i figured i knew what you meant man. I havent messed with it today, i didnt get a chance too... maybe late tonight as tomrorow i dont gotta be up early in the am. If i make any progress i will report man.

Well i sort of started on him tonite and got the face done. Thanks baseballfans! Now i just need to find a matching head and that's never easy. :roll:

Well here's what i got so far, kinda looks like him but could be better. I had a hard time finding a decent pic with his mouth closed. I haven't messed with him in oedit yet and i'm sure that's gonna be a pita. Btw, i'm not trying to hijack your thread or anything. I'm just doing this for myself and don't have any plans to release this unless there is some interest of course. I'd love to see what you guys can come up with as well. :)

bigmac19xl.jpg

bigmac28wx.jpg

bigmac39kq.jpg

Looking good Smokin_Joe, I haven't had a chance the past day or so to mess around with work and all. I find it very frustrating, and I think my wife is going to kill me if I don't give it up soon! :D If you get McGwire done, and wouldn't mind sharing him, I would love to have a copy of that cyberface...thanks in advance, my email is eagles5863@rogers.com. I am going to continue with mine, but after 5 days, I think it is a lost cause.

its a lot better then what i been gettin haha...... I am having a hard time matching the color of the part of the face i paste to the actually fsh turned bmp. If got the eyes finally but every face i make the mouth doesnt move and it looks like theyare all wearing makeup. Thanks for the tip on the eyes though, it certainly helped. Cant match colors now as i am below a novice with photoshop, though learning.

blending was the word i was serching for and couldnt think of but yeah thats the problem now. For the eyes though after you paste the layer on to the bmp you are modding and line the eyes up perfectly..... just use the eraser tool and erase the eye balls so the sockets are showing on the fsh turned bmp you are editing.....thats what i been doing since the advice we recieved on here by someone and the eyes are cool for me now. They just look like they are wearing make up. Blending tips are welcome :) I sent you a screen shot of the face i been working on via email dj trying to get my face in there, got my portrait in there with no problem as you'll see.......you'll also notice the cyber-face looks nothing like the portrait and it should :)

Looking good Smokin_Joe, I haven't had a chance the past day or so to mess around with work and all. I find it very frustrating, and I think my wife is going to kill me if I don't give it up soon! :D If you get McGwire done, and wouldn't mind sharing him, I would love to have a copy of that cyberface...thanks in advance, my email is eagles5863@rogers.com. I am going to continue with mine, but after 5 days, I think it is a lost cause.

Thanks man, yeah i'm laid off right now so i have a lot of time for this stuff. But the wife is starting to freak out. :lol: I may try and do a little more on him today and if i do i'll post some more screenies. I'll definately share and send him your way or just upload him as long as i don't **** anybody off. :p

For the blending use the imageadjustmentscolor-balance or huesaturation. Brightnesscontrast sometimes helps too. I like to use the smudge tool and paint brush to match those little pixels and the dodge tool can help out too.

Archived