Describe your batting stance

kevattac

Gary Sheffield/Albert Pujols/Tony Batista mix...

I switch hit, so usually

From the right side: It's an open stance (ie Batista), hands even with chest, slightly back (Pujols), slight crouch/bend at knees with a wiggle (Sheff)

From the left side: It's more of an even stance (Sheff), hands even with chest, slight bend at knees (Pujols), no wiggle though.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

I stand with my back to the plate, then I do a full 180 during the pitchers release. I've given a few catchers' concussions. It gives me lots of power, but the closest I have gotten to making contact with the pitch was a foul tip.

I stand with my legs a kinda far apart and a lil closed. I dont bend my knees to the extreme but they still have a nice bend. i have my upper body sorta in the position of Vlad Guerrero or however you spell it. but with my hand i kinda have a sheffield thing goin but not as extreme. i would describe it as, lower body of Jacque Jones, with the upper body of Vlad, and the bat held like Sheffield.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

a-rod's stance

I used o bat the same way, it got to the point though that if I'd play to long it took longer for me to get the bat off of my shoulder. I now bat with the bat held straight in the air vertically, with my wrists parallel to my face and about about 1.5 feet away from my nose. Then I crouch a little bit and tap my foot Hideki Matsui style but a little higher. But I can bat various ways. Ones marked with a star I can actually hit (decently) with.

Derek Jeter

Alex Rodriguez *

Albert Pujols *

Kazuo Matsui *

Jason Giambi *

Gary Sheffield *

Rod Carew

Babe Ruth

Lou Gehrig *

Alfonso Soriano *

Julio Franco

Ken Griffey Jr.