Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kevattac

Describe your batting stance

My batting stance is sorta like David Wright. I just don't have the hands as high as he used to have, sorta like what he does now.

Straight up stance kinda like jr but my hands are a little higher and not as close to my body.

look at the kenny lofton stance in mvp for me. always batted that way, noticed that its pretty much the same.

do you guys have any advice for loading...like how should i do it ( shift my weight back, foot tap, flamingo leg)...and when should i do it ( when the pitcher releases the ball or when you see the ball leave the pitcher's hand)

as far as the leg kick goes thats something that u should do only if you are comfortable doing it. noone can really tell you what to do with your swing without being able to see where the holes are in your swing. best thing to do is to go to the batting cages and hit between 100 and 150 balls and just play around with your swing until u find something that u are comfortable with. my coaches always told me to load ur swing just before the pitcher releases the ball and remember to keep your head down on the ball and follow thru with your hips.

kinda lugo with the bat but not so extreme, pretty wide, a little open, and a pretty high old arod kick, i'm more a power guy instead of a contact guy:)

I kind of hold my elbow up high like Pujols with a fairly wide stance, only sometimes I do a little stutter step like Bernie Williams used to do except not as exaggerated, and an open swing. Strictly a blooper through the middle guy. :)

Great Topic.

First I hit the tip of the bat on the home plate and swing around the bat with one hand, then do a Alex Rodriguez-somewhat stance.

i have have no step, just a load. its kinda like jim edmonds come to think of it.

I Lean my knees toward the plate and lean my back backwards. I also am a bit open.

Manny Ramirez with my hands a little further back, and futher up, and a little wider on the feet. Same swing though.

To be perfectly honest, I don't know. The ball comes to me and I hit it. I should look in the mirror sometime.

Like Piazza, but more crouched and slightly open. I can't hit for ****, but I've been told i have a good stance. Usually, the only wood I find are the splinters in my ***.

I have an open stance, leaned back with a little crouch. Arm movement pre-pitch, I alternate my elbows in like a circular motion. I'm a 100% line drive hitter (only 1 homerun in 10 years of baseball, and even that was a line drive).

Well, im a switch hitter. I have two diffrent stances that give me both power and contact. From the right side, mine is like Cano's. From the left side, its Eric Duncan's stance.

I am a lefty, I stand with my legs shoulder length apart, Arms right above my shoulder, bat moves up and down, my head is cocked tword third base, and when the pitcher winds up, I pull my hands back and suck in my breath (To help see better)

sucking in breath....now that i think about it, i do it all the time...

can someone explain to me what's the point in doing that?

I tended to walk alot last season, I played in the leadoff role, stole ALOT of bases, not complaining about the walks but this season I am looking to get more base hits as for last year, I was more of the Joey Gathright type, as I bunted for many hits which my coach noted I am talented at, but anyways I would like to get more hits so I am kind of likee a Ken Griffey Jr stance, but I will use a high leg kick like Pujols did in the Home Run Derby to get some power on the ball.