Describe your batting stance

kevattac

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as far as the leg kick goes thats something that u should do only if you are comfortable doing it. noone can really tell you what to do with your swing without being able to see where the holes are in your swing. best thing to do is to go to the batting cages and hit between 100 and 150 balls and just play around with your swing until u find something that u are comfortable with. my coaches always told me to load ur swing just before the pitcher releases the ball and remember to keep your head down on the ball and follow thru with your hips.

• 1 month later...

I kind of hold my elbow up high like Pujols with a fairly wide stance, only sometimes I do a little stutter step like Bernie Williams used to do except not as exaggerated, and an open swing. Strictly a blooper through the middle guy. :)

• 2 years later...

I tended to walk alot last season, I played in the leadoff role, stole ALOT of bases, not complaining about the walks but this season I am looking to get more base hits as for last year, I was more of the Joey Gathright type, as I bunted for many hits which my coach noted I am talented at, but anyways I would like to get more hits so I am kind of likee a Ken Griffey Jr stance, but I will use a high leg kick like Pujols did in the Home Run Derby to get some power on the ball.

Archived