Possible Skin Tone Correction Idea

buckanator23

Hey guys I've been around here for a long time and have never posted anything until now, but I may have figured out a workaround for the skin tone limitations in the roster editor. I decided to try to fix it after seeing Starling Marte in BSUFan's roster (dark face/light arms). It involves a simple texture change using the NBA Mod Tool.

If you extract texture 178, then import it over texture 192 in the global.iff file, anyone in the roster with the "11" skin tone will have dark arms to match the face. Then you can go into the roster editor for the lighter skined guys and lower their skin tone number to make the arms match closer (a good example will be Matt Kemp, lower his to match, I did 9). It's not perfect sometimes but I feel it is better than the alternative.

This really won't work too well with the official 2k roster unless you tweak it yourself each time a new one comes out, but if you are like me and use BSUFans awesome roster then you may want to try this.

One more note, this will also allow us to work with dark skinned players portaits as well, since BSU didn't do certain players in his last roster because of the light arms issue.

Thanks to everyone in the community for making this game better and I hope this idea may help you, so I can give back alittle to you guys.

Edited by buckanator23