Computer Nomenclature Re: Uniforms

tks

I was replacing 2k10 uniforms with those provided by Jacce522...I understand the designations such as "chc_away.iff" (for example). However, I noticed with the three teams I was changing the main directory appears to also show a uniform not shown in the game.

EXAMPLE...The Cubs directory has "uniform_chc_cob.iff"...the Mets has "uniform_nym_ cob.iff" and Detroit "uniform_ det_cob.iff. The kbs shown for these "cob,iff" are abourt equal to the kbs for the various uniforms.

Can someone much smarter than me tell me what the "uniform_(team)_cob.iff" is and can one of Jacce522's uniforms replace the "cob" uniform designation?

the COB files are the cool base jerseys from last year. I don't think you can replace them since they arent technically in the jersey options. I tested overwriting a cob file as another one of my files and it just isnt even an option to select. There needs to be a program that allows you to have jersey slots and you could change the jersey slots on a team.

Jacce...

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought it might be another uniform slot but since it isn't part of the program I guess it is useless...I was hoping that one of your uni options could replace the "cob" slot...but alas, no luck.

Great looking uniforms, btw...As I stated earlier, I personally am not a believer in paying to download mods but I certainly feel requesting a voluntary donation is quite appropriate.

Very well done!

yeah I dont know why they included those cob uniforms unless you renamed a cob.iff as the home.iff then you could see it in play but yeah it seems kind of worthless. Thanks I appreciate your feedback. Hope you enjoy those uniforms. I think i like the old 90s uniforms for the marlins and rockies and reds.

yeah I dont know why they included those cob uniforms unless you renamed a cob.iff as the home.iff then you could see it in play but yeah it seems kind of worthless. Thanks I appreciate your feedback. Hope you enjoy those uniforms. I think i like the old 90s uniforms for the marlins and rockies and reds.

I love those uniforms as well. That being said, have you thought about doing some of the classic uniforms and/or '90s uniforms for the Houston Astros? Their Colt .45s uniforms, original '70s Astros uniforms (arching shooting star) and '90s uniforms were great.

I was really thinking about doing an astros 96 uniform, the blue helmet and white star that they had on the caps, but no i think im done with jerseys. Is that really what they wore in the 1970s cuz its the exact same uniform for home and away. in the 80s they had a white uniform blue astros on shirt with the rainbow sleves, and i thought thats what they wore in the 70s but maybe not, maybe thats correct.

im in the process of doing those old astros unis now as we speak,should be available within the next few days,i'll be going alphabetically and will do at least one uni per team,some more especially those that have a long history of unis.Kinda taking me longer to do the unis this year because the green screens are being a pain in the "where the sun dont shine" lololol

I was really thinking about doing an astros 96 uniform, the blue helmet and white star that they had on the caps, but no i think im done with jerseys. Is that really what they wore in the 1970s cuz its the exact same uniform for home and away. in the 80s they had a white uniform blue astros on shirt with the rainbow sleves, and i thought thats what they wore in the 70s but maybe not, maybe thats correct.

This site has some of the pictures of what I'm talking about. The ones I was thinking of are the 1971-75 uniforms as well as the 1994-99 uniforms.

http://www.astrosdaily.com/history/uniforms/index.html

The Cool Base jerseys are most definitely in the game. If you play a Franchise (they don't seem to show up in My Player, along with any other alternates -- BOO!), you might have worn them and not even realized it, since they have only subtle differences (mostly in material texture) with the normal uniforms.

They were introduced several years ago (I bought one for my brother in '07). The material is very light and breathes well, and they are therefore deployed for particularly hot days in midsummer. However, the paneling is a little different on Cool Base jerseys than the normal kits, and this affects the striping on uniforms like the Detroit Tigers' classic homes. This is why they were included in the game. As to why they are not available as a choice for players, well, that is probably the least of the many, many, many, many, many, many, many mistakes and bugs and oversights in the PC release.

Archived