How Do You Reduced Ai Dives?

lorca1

You can increase your batting success. This will slow them down. You can also slow down CPU fielder's speed, and increase CPU error rate. However, I would suggest you look at about 10-12 games, and see what your average of hits per game is. If you are only getting 5-7 hits per game, yes, I would try to fix that. But, if you are still getting 10 or more hits a game even with the CPU robbing you, then maybe you just let them have their super fielders for statisitical realism.

I'm getting tired of those AI fielders diving for balls that clearly should have been hits. They steal in a game about 4-6 hits from me, bullshit. Any suggestions?

4-6 times per game? Really?

I've had 4 or 5 times in a given game, but not as a per game average.

I have AI fielder's speed at 60 and with User batting success at 60, I saw maybe 1-2 dives per game, often times resulting in an IF hit as the ball would pop out of their glove. IMO, fielder's speed primarily dicates OF play, and at 60, the AI plays beautifully. Sizemore was running down everything against me ... as he should.

When I lowered Batter success to 55, right away I noticed more dives and lunges by AI IF's ... including my own 1B/2B.

I'm kind of going through a recent spurt, where my team's BA is .316 and the AI's is .318, and I am looking for ways to decrease that. Lowering contact results in too many strikeouts and little pee-pee bleeders (AI power is at 95).

My main concern is to get about half of the balls drilled to the opposite field to result in outs, instead of Tony Gwynn singles. Most hitters just are not that skilled. My issue is that at 60 success there's too many hits, and at 55, there's too many liners/lunges/dives by the IF, and not enough hits.

I'm sure I'll find a combination of success/contact/power that's a "little better", but that might just be how the game is programmed. There's not really going to be a great, great, "sweet spot" where there's the right amount of diving plays, right amount of hits, right amount of Xbase hits, and yet still account for the randomness of baseball. Video games only have so much AI and capabilities ... even MLB The Show.

I had it set up really good, but I have improved as a hitter, and have increased my pitching sliders. Raising pitch speed to 90 hasn't cut down on the hits. Increasing the AI pitch success kills user homers, while lowering it just adds more hits. I may be resolved to just increasing the AI pitch success, and using the left stick for long balls, with setting the batting influence slider to something like 30, so that left stick is not as dominant as it was on MVP.

It would be nice if, in the mmanual, there was a slider description as well as a list of the sliders that "work together" or in in tandem.

One thing I have noticed about the AI dives, in the infield, is that sometimes the AI will dive at a ball instead of just running to it.

Example:

In the top half of an inning, the AI hit a ball into the hole at short, where I managed to run over to it, grab, set, and make the throw. I got the out. In the bottom half of that same inning, I hit a ball into the hole, in pretty much the same spot, but instead of the AI running over and back-handing the ball, like I did, he immediately dove to stop the ball, got up, and made the throw. Out.

So, even though they were pretty much the exact same play, the CPU's play looked much more spectacular, and made the "Great Grabs" in the post game wrap-up.

Notice sometimes how the AI won't move and just immediately dives in the infield.

As far as the outfield, I find it to be pretty realistic. I have seen the AI dive and rob me of a hit, but I have also seen bloops that die right in front of them, and they play the short hop.

I do turn the AI fielder speed down a bit, because the AI will ALWAYS get a perfect jump on any ball hit into the outfield or infield.

Archived