ownership mode

The_Cards

IMO you will drive yourself crazy trying to make money in this game. Do yourself a favor now, and install ArtMoney so that you can enjoy it. Then you can buy everything and concentrate on other matters. Just my 2cents.

ya whenever i try playing owner mode, i seem to go into negative figures every day no matter what strategy i attempt to use, to a point where i dig myself into a hole i cant get out of. And then of course you cant buy the cool stuff u want and also i find it annoying to control finances EVERY DAY (but thats just my personal opinion, others may enjoy that). Im sure somebody can help you about how to start off, ill just stick with my dynasty.

I think maybe ArtMoney can be downloaded from this site. If not, then just do a search for it in google and you'll see links for it.

Search past forums on this site for directions on how to use it. After a few failed attempts, I got it right and now have infinite money.

I have just started playing and i am doing owner ship mode and i wanted to get some opions on what is the fastest way to make money and what shouls i buy if you could help it would be great.

I've been avoiding using ArtMoney for obvious reasons, but it's getting harder and harder...I'm 1/2 way through my second season (playing almost all the games) and I'm still negative...I did manage to get to positive numbers late last season when I made it to the WS (I lost :() and then I went through a major roster change to get my payroll way down....this season I'm stuck just around $0..I'll get into the positive after a homestand, then go on the road and be right back in the negative...I'm going to wait it out until this season's playoffs and see how that goes for me (assuming I make the playoffs).

Income money comes slow, but don't give up. Its kinda like a baseball game with some role playing elements in it. If you want to cheat do a google search for artmoney and download the program and then come hear and do a search on how to use the program. I think you would get more enjoyment out of the game trying to do it on your own, but if you need more money use the artmoney program. It works for all kinds of games that use currency.

It CAN be done dude!

to do it Without Cheating,i.e.,artmoney, do this.

Lower you team salery.Check out free agents for good cheap players.

Promote some of your cheap minor leaguers too.

unload high price players with so-so or worse performance.

When building your stadium concentrate on the things that make revenue early, like additional seating and concessions. Save things like fireworks

and fancy scoreboard for later.

Be patient,it takes a number of seasons to build the full stadium.

A wining record helps too. Get your team into the playoffs, boost ticket prices by $5-10bucks during the playoffs,but do NOT boost them too much!

Remember to LOWER the ticket prices at the start of the next new season.

Other things that help

Promotion days,helps to bring in the crowds!

Advertising.

yes it always works. The only reason people have had trouble is because they forget thier basic math. If you have $-8000005, then search a range of: number > -8000006 and number < -8000004

Normally people forgot the number was negative so they did x > -8000004 and x <-8000006, which is impossible

You can make anywhere up to $25m (yes 25 million) your first season, without using ArtMoney.

Upgrade the stadium seats to level 2 right away, adjust the ticket prices after every game to maximize the return. Price the seats so you'll get 80-85% attendance. That'll give you your maximum return. Pay attention to who's starting against you. When it's a #1 starter, raise the tickets $5. Have promotions every home game, but don't spend more than $20k per game (at first).

Cut or trade a few of the giant salary players, and any minor leaguers who have exhorbitant salaries. Upgrade a few concessions as soon as you can (I found sodas and peanuts to be big early moneymakers). This may not happen until late your first season. Don't worry about about the scoreboard, restaurant, or ads until you have level 3 seating (probably your second season). Don't worry too much about merchandise stores until you get your seating to level 3. Fan happiness will go up as you win home games, so make sure you win as much as possible (duh).

Get into the playoffs (home field advantage is best), and make each series go 5 or 7 games. That's where you'll make most of your profit. You won't pay salaries during the playoffs, so it's pure profit. You should end your first season with several million dollars.

Next season, try to upgrade the seats first, to get more people to the park. Don't spend all your cash,though. You'll need some for promotional games and early season long road trips.

After a few seasons, the money will start rolling in. At level 3 seating, you can expect $500k-$700k per home game. At level 4 seating, that goes up to $800k-$1.2m per home game, then it really starts to roll in. At level 6, you can bring in $1.2m on a 5 impact game. Playoff games will net over $2m each. Once you have level 4 seating, your merchandise sales and concessions sales really take off.

It seems there are a few intangibles that affect attendance. High impact games will bring more fans out, but superstar starting pitchers (home or visiting) can bring out a ton more fans, allowing you to temporarily jack up your ticket prices.

Hopefully there's some pointers that'll help. I love owner mode. It's pretty well balanced, and you have to invest some time into it.

• 6 years later...

It's not quite "basic economics" but I get your point. It would be nice to know where the inflection points are for the ticket price versus attendance relationship so that the optimal prices can be set to maximize revenues from tickets. The relationship between ticket price and attendance may even differ depending on the seating level.

I have made a little bit of profit the first season by having a reasonably low payroll with good value players, having a winning record and making the first round of the playoffs, and not buying a bunch of extra features like restaurants and clothing shops. I try to keep attendance for each section in the 80-90% range and raise ticket prices when I am consistently above that range. Same goes for the icecream or soda stand. I have not, however, played more than one full season in owner mode so I don't know what happens in year 2.

Archived