Data File Editing Questions

paldragons

What tool do I need to use to open and edit datafiles ?

Do I need another tool to recompress the file ?

Where can I find these tools ?

Or is there a general readme out there or tutorial I can find ?

I looked in the tools download section nothing seemed very clear on what I needed to do this.

Thank you

yeah i just downloaded kumala's datafile because it is the default datafile without swing replay. i put it in, did everything i was supposed to. including where it said to remove the other datafile. so i did and place the kumala file in. but whenever i start up MVP, it freezes one third of the way in the load screen. i waited a while but i had to close it out with task manager. what's the problem?

I don't know if I want to help you, you are a Spankees fan afterall...

:)

What version of the 06 mod do you have? LL or ILF?

If you have LL, you can open the file using WinRAR and browse to the location of the datafile.big, then extract it.

If you have ILF I can't help you.

I think u guys misunderstood... when I open the datafile.txt in notepad i get a buncha stuff that looks like this in file...

thousands of lines like that...

what program do I need to be able to open the datafile.txt to be able to edit the data in a way that humans can read the information..?

thank you

snepp, i put the datafile.big back in the proper folder. the game was running, but as the menu screen loaded up for a game, it froze. i had to restart it which explains the delayed response. i think im just gonna reinstall ILF, but thanks for all the effort and help.

• 9 months later...

What program for (MVP 2005 not 2004) do need to open the datafile so I can read and understand it? When I open it I'm getting stuff that looks like this

"—Âü¸a344NÀÇœÀQ›ƒ—Þtoƒù ‡¨° Y’ ´àa806‚Ħ2|ÀkçŽ ˆ¡ H— •«3]ÀNÃ…"¡ H†•Ò[f 1b§ LÂfª •â€u•«+…, Ž ¬ ••+àe3c3ª •ƒ  ª •†à7c1bÃJö 4Â

´ÀvŸÀQñ…

¿ƒÅŒ ’§ V“ ³ˆãf227Â¥%ÕÂŒ½lo© N– ¡‡Hºa¨ R‘'lÂ& ,Ž ¡Œ6€Ã•¢#“ ¡°'h• ¡°è97fÀŽ!© N• ¡ÃÂ:8¨ R‘å¤ÃmØ,Ž ¡Œ$Å¡Ã}Û#“ "

Archived