Pc Post-patch Menu Navigation Problems?

JustinMorneau

I found that after the patch, the menu is totally screwed up.

After starting the game, (at he phillies vs rays exibition screen thing) when i press ESC to access the main menu it just takes me straight to that game. After I exit that game I can navigate through the menu for about a minute or two, but then no matter how many times I press the ESC buttton, no menu will pop up. Also at that time < > ] \ these buttons stop responding. (for people who do not use the keyboard, they are used to change through categories for example, when changing sliders, these buttons are used to switch between user and cpu settings as well as between pitching, hitting, etc.)

On operation sports i saw that someone else had this problem but i couldnt find a solution

the game is obviously unplayable like this, so i would very much appreciate it if someone can help me with this problem

thanks a lot in advance

I've had similar problems... The work-around I've found is that if I go into an exhibition game specifying the keyboard as my control, and then quit and go back to the menu, everything works the way it's supposed to. It's a pain, but nothing close to the frustration I was feeling when trying to call up a player from AAA and not being able to use the keyboard to switch between MLB and AAA rosters. Only took about 30 minutes of ripping my hair out to figure that one out.

H-wood (aka newly bald guy)

I've had similar problems... The work-around I've found is that if I go into an exhibition game specifying the keyboard as my control, and then quit and go back to the menu, everything works the way it's supposed to. It's a pain, but nothing close to the frustration I was feeling when trying to call up a player from AAA and not being able to use the keyboard to switch between MLB and AAA rosters. Only took about 30 minutes of ripping my hair out to figure that one out.

H-wood (aka newly bald guy)

so do u have to do that everytime u start the game? also how do u "specify" keyboard as ur control?

thanks in advance

1 and right mouse button solves hte menu problem but the 3 (sort) 4 (change between mlb, aaa, aa, a), 5 (player info), and , . [ ] (category, etc cycle) keys still dont work..does anyone have solutions or other ways of gettin around this

Same thing here. I did the use keyboard to play a game then exit out thing, still did not work. Any help would be great. Are you going into the game and exiting out right away, throwing a pitch, playing a inning? Please let me know

I'm having the same issues. None of the keyboard commands (4,5, etc.) work. I've tried all the workarounds here and it's a no-go on all.

I'm in the off-season in my franchise and it's pretty impossible to continue without access to my minor leagues. :(

I found that after the patch, the menu is totally screwed up.

After starting the game, (at he phillies vs rays exibition screen thing) when i press ESC to access the main menu it just takes me straight to that game. After I exit that game I can navigate through the menu for about a minute or two, but then no matter how many times I press the ESC buttton, no menu will pop up. Also at that time < > ] \ these buttons stop responding. (for people who do not use the keyboard, they are used to change through categories for example, when changing sliders, these buttons are used to switch between user and cpu settings as well as between pitching, hitting, etc.)

On operation sports i saw that someone else had this problem but i couldnt find a solution

the game is obviously unplayable like this, so i would very much appreciate it if someone can help me with this problem

thanks a lot in advance

Same problem here! Pain in the ****. Just when you think, hey! maybe they do care about their product by making a patch, nope! Going over to 2k site to suss it out. Also trying the controller as well.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem yet?

As soon as I load up a franchise, I can no longer use the keyboard for anything. It makes sorting through the minors impossible.

Is there a button-mapping solution for this, perhaps?? I'm using a logitech rumblepad 2.

so do u have to do that everytime u start the game? also how do u "specify" keyboard as ur control?

thanks in advance

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, Justin.. Yes, every time. And what I do is start a game with "player 2" slid into position on the start screen (that's the one that defaults to keyboard for me, "player 1" is my gamepad), then quit the game after it starts up.. Then everything works the way it's supposed to.

• 2 weeks later...

Aw, i tried the exhibition and yeah mine isnt working either :( eh, i guess finals should keep me busy for a week. Hopefully they come out with something to fix this, cause it has pretty much ruined the game for me, and good luck to anybody else having this problem!!

I called support and this is what they had me do, it didnt work but their supposed to be working on it.

1. Delete all temporary files from your system.

WIN9X/ME

Navigate to C:\Windows\Temp and delete all files in this folder.

Win2000/XP

Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\*Your User Name*\Local Settings\Temp and delete all the files in this folder.

You may need to turn on the ability to view hidden files and folders to do this. To do so, double click My Computer, then click Tools and Options. Then click View and select the option to view all hidden files.

2. Close down all background tasks.

To do this click Start, then Run, then type MSCONFIG and click OK. From there click on the tab marked startup.

For Windows XP users click the button marked as Disable All, then click Apply and Close.

For Non Windows XP users, please remove the ticks from all of the boxes apart from the below four and then click Apply and close.

LoadPowerProfile

ScanRegistry

SystemTray

TaskMonitor

Once this has been done, please reboot the computer and then try the game again.

This is the message I sent them back after I got through doing what they asked.

Tried all this and uninstalled/reinstalled the game. Still cant go from ML to Minors in franchise mode. I cant switch when not in franchise mode after using my controller(saitek P2500). I can change teams using the TAB key and + on the number pad, I can move left right, up, down using the arrow keys and W,A,S,D keys, the spacebar allows you to send players to other leagues, the numberpad ENTER key allows you to switch to diffenet positions. These keys wont work in Franchise mode [] to change teams, <> to change to different positions, the esc key, the 5 key to view player card, the 4 on keyboard to switch from ML/AAA/AA/A. the 3 key wont let you sort, the 1 key doesn’t let you go to GM menu.

This is supposed to get sent to higher lvl spt but you know how 2k has been about the PC version.

• 4 months later...

Archived