My Player Corrupted :(

hackman2007

This is what happens when loading the one save.

capturekcn.jpg

If the game save is already corrupted, there is nothing any program is going to be able to do because it becomes a blank file.

You need an uncorrupted version for the My Player fix to work.

Even 2K Sports can't fix the 0KB corruption problem (once the save corrupts).

If this isn't the corrupted save, at what point does it give that error?

If the game save is already corrupted, there is nothing any program is going to be able to do because it becomes a blank file.

You need an uncorrupted version for the My Player fix to work.

Even 2K Sports can't fix the 0KB corruption problem (once the save corrupts).

If this isn't the corrupted save, at what point does it give that error?

That save is gone, I am going to start a new one andf just make sure to have two saves for it. It makes me mad because on the My Player I lost I was a 30 year old closer and rocking it.

My Player also crashes for me. But not at the end of the season but already midway trough the first season.

On August, 2 a new series starts against the Astros (I play 3B for the Cards) and as soon as I choose to "Play next Appearence" the game crashes back to desktop without any error message.

I even tried to simulate past this series to the next series but as soon as I hit the "simulate" button the game crashes, too.

I have the bonus goal to get 5+ RBI in that series but no other goals.

I already tried the "Fix My Player" with Ty's editor but still no luck. It still crashes.

Any idea what I can do to save My Player?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I was on my player, and went all the way up to the playoffs, then it crashed to the desktop. Now everytime I start a new player game, I can only play 1 game, once that game is over, it crashes to the desktop again. I believe my franchise season is doing the same thing now, and the only thing that has worked was the live roster games. I uninstalled but after installing again, all the saved games and settings were still there, with the same results of it crashing to desktop. Is there a way to reset it to no saved games or settings?

My new version of the Roster Editor can now remove your postseason goal. You can do it any time after the start of the regular season. If you're already in the playoffs, but the game crashes when you try to load the file, this will also fix that.

http://www.mlbmods.com/index.php/downloads/mlb2k10/tools/mlb2k10-roster-editor-

I got the idea of how to fix it from Misopogon's post.

I'm having the same issue with my player. I'm a SS for the Pirates and in my second year and tearing it up. I didn't make any major changes to the Pirates roster other than releasing Aki Imuwara and promoting Pedro Alvarez, Jose Tabata, Neil Walker and Brad Lincoln to the big leagues. Octavio Dotel also retired so I'm using Donnie Veal and Steven Jackson as my closer ... right now it's Veal.

AVG: .346

HR: 55

RBI: 159

SB: 50

My SS won the triple crown and the MVP and the Pirates won the NL central with a record of 91-71. We're matched up against the Giants in the first round but, the game crashes to the desktop everytime I attempt to play it. I had my file corrupt once around the all-star break when I tried editing the starters for the NL-All Star team but, I was able to recover it using Ty Wiggins roster editor. I tried using the "Fix My Player" option and the game still crashes to the desktop.

I'm pretty sure it's a game wide bug that was addressed with the Xbox and PS3 patches so hopefully it'll get fixed if they ever get around to releasing a PC patch.

After looking at the rosters for every team that made the playoffs I realized the roster reset once the post season began kind of like in real life, the only problem was when they reset they'd demote players that weren't perofming and sometimes leaving vacancies in the starting line-ups. For example I started Jose Tabata in RF for 143 games and when I looked at the roster he was staring for Altoona (AA) & I had 2-3 rookies on my team that were created at the start of season 2 that I never used that were on my MLB roster.

Using Ty Wiggins roster editor I demoted the rookies, promoted Tabata to the Pirates, put him back in RF and Set Donnie Veal as my closer since I didn't have a closer set.

What I would recommend to every user dealing with the season 2 desktop crash bug is to use ty wiggns roster editor, use the "fix my player" feature. Then look at every team in your teams system from A - MLB and make sure the roster is at 25 (usually 14 hitters and 11 pitchers.) I was able to complete games 1 and 2 of the NLDS this way.

Make sure to use a backup file when doing this just incase it gets corrupted. I'm not sure if this will work for everyone but, this is what worked for me. Good luck.

Well it appears you have to adjust your rosters with the roster editor for the ALDS/NLDS and ALCS/NLCS and it lets you play through to the WS and sims into the following season without issues. At least it did for me, I'm in spring training 2012. Have Fun with the myplayer mode guys !

So the issue seems to be with teams not having 25 men on the roster?

Thanks for the heads up, Aftershock. :)

The exact issue I had was the game removed my starting RF for the NLDS and NLCS and after looking at the roster I realized that the roster amount exceeded the 25 man limit after making it to the post season, playing the NLDS and NLCS. I had no issues playing the White Sox in the series as I swept them in 4 ! Now onto spring training 2012.

Archived