How To Save Multiple Classic Mods

richardj

I have been trying to same multiple copies of each of the mods so that at any time I can play any of the Classic Mods. I have not had any problems installing any mod into MVP baseball. The problem I am running into is that I have installed MVP Baseball on one drive with the original game disks. I created seperate folders for each of the mods to install the mods on another drive. I created a folder for the 1927 through 1956 mods. No problem. I copied the original installation files to this folder. I then installed the four mods from 1927 through 1956. No problem. I created a dynasty for each of the mods and after playing a game I saved the mod. Again, no problem.

Next, I again created a seperate folder on the same drive (which is not the drive the original install is on) for the four mods for 1974 through 1988. Used same process as above. When I went to the folder for the 1927 through 1956 mod installations, when I started the game, loaded a dynasty, I now had the four dynastys from the 1974 through 1988 mods. I even found these dynastys were now in the original install of MVP baseball 2005 folder where none of the mods had been installed.

Seems no matter what folder I use, the game will save only four dynastys, and it is saving them accross drives in each folder where I have copied the original program too. Anyone got any ideas on how to install all the mods so that anyone mod can be played and saved on a seasonal basis or no matter what I do, only 4 seasons or dynastys can be saved at any one time?

I have even placed each mod in its own folder, copied the original install into those folders, installed the mod in its own folder. I can then start the mod either by going to its folder and clicking on the MVP Baseball icon or via desktop icon. Still seems it requires saving as a dynasty to play a whole season, which is then accross all MVP mod folders when the dynasty list is selected.

Any work around for saving more than four dynastys so that they are not saved accross all MVP mod folders?

RichardJ

there was someone who was going to create a program that would've addressed this, but the big kilbosh was put on it. he doesn't come around any more. the only way i can think of is to create your own folders and manually move them when you're ready to use them.

Archived