2005 needs a better scoring system

dero

I know its probably asking for too much but I hope 2005 has a more intelligent scoring system I just got a bunt base hit all though furcal beat the high throw about 3 steps he didnt get a hit it was scored an error because I went to 2nd base even though it should have been a hit and an error

After this years experience I wont buy 2005 without seeing a demo first(one i can play).By time 2005 comes out 2004 will probably be fine tweaked(thanx to our talented modders).

I would have to agree on playing the demo before buying 2005, not saying this is the worse game ever but I can say this game broke my trust with ea sports

I would have to agree on playing the demo before buying 2005, not saying this is the worse game ever but I can say this game broke my trust with ea sports

I agree EA can only do one thing right and thats their madden football series. 2003 MVP was a joke last year. Triple Play series was the laughing stock next to high heat. The last year EA made a good baseball game was 1997 Triple Play. Its very sad there is only one choice for a baseball game for the pc!!!! Without competition why will MVP have to get any better next year??? This is a company that has billions of dollars in sales and recorded a 55 million dollar profit last year!!! I wish Bill Gates and all his money would enter the pc game sport arena. If a company like EA can make money making pc sport games Microsoft should be able to do it too. I realize they would need to form a branch off of Microsoft to do this. So that it could spend all of it resources on making games and not microsoft related software.

Another suggestion. You guys who make all these fixes need to get together and make your own compnay and game!! You guys know baseball!! EA knows graphics but does not know baseball!!

Or if Sega would release ESPN for the PC. Well, the thought was nice :banghead:
Too bad there's no way an emulator would be possible with current technology/knowledge.

Actually, that wouldn't help us much because it wouldn't provide the benefits of an actual PC game (modding and such).

I know its probably asking for too much but I hope 2005 has a more intelligent scoring system I just got a bunt base hit all though furcal beat the high throw about 3 steps he didnt get a hit it was scored an error because I went to 2nd base even though it should have been a hit and an error

if i'm not mistaken, that IS an error

Yes, but he thinks he should get credited with the hit for safely reaching first, and then the error for advancing to second.

well, as far as I know the rules, and I admit that i'm no rulebook guru..but its not possible to be credited with a hit when the error happens at first. If he had reached first..then there was an error, it SHOULD be a hit with an error. A throwing error at first base will most always be an error.

well, as far as I know the rules, and I admit that i'm no rulebook guru..but its not possible to be credited with a hit when the error happens at first. If he had reached first..then there was an error, it SHOULD be a hit with an error. A throwing error at first base will most always be an error.

which is exactly what happened trust me...it should have been a hit and an error, I know i dont know every single rule but trust me I know how that rule works and it was clear hit+error

people might say it doesnt matter but I had a hit streaking on coming into that game i still got a hit later on.....plus what if it was the last game of the season and I was going to a hit record...

Sometimes umps make mistakes. It's not enough to take me away from the game.

no ump would have made this mistake it was too obvious plus I never said it was going to take me away from the game lol, I would just like a better scoring system on 2005 sheesh

Archived