datafile doesnt work

karnoff

Whenever i install a datafile into the MVP data folder, it doesnt work. I install it to the data folder, and nothing changes, its been happeneing with all of them lately....i'm not sure what the problem is. The latest one i tried is the fy87 combo...but no luck...any help is appreciated...thanks

You're not renaming your datafile "datafile.txt" are you? In some cases, that would actually mean that your system sees "datafile.txt.txt", because the suffix is already there, and Windows won't read it. In that case, you would just want to label it "datafile". I'm drawing at straws here, as you can see! :?

ez

I've had problems with the datafiles, also. I have the datafile under the data folder...it's name is datafile.txt...when I start the game the sliders show the correct attributes for the file but then when I load up my dynasty with my profile the attributes revert back to zero's... so I back out of the dynasty and go to the first screen and they are back to zero's there as well. This happens to all the datafiles I've tried. Any thoughts??

Archived