How to do full install without losing my mods?

Jafo56

I did a minimum install because I was trying to save disk space. :oops: (I know, dumb move). However, I have also added some of the great mods on this site and now I want to do a full install. Question is, can I do a full install without inadvertently deleting my mods? I tried by doing the auto-run and the only option is uninstall which I assume will delete my mods but not my save games/franchise.

Anyone tried to do this with success?

Installing over an existing install will remove all of your mods. The only thing that would stay after a re-install would be your season saves and a datafile.txt if you are using one. If you know what mods you installed, and what files they changed, you can just back up those files and go from there.

For example, if you modded uniforms, then back up models.big, re-install the game and then copy and paste models.big back into the folder and allow it to overwrite.

Another option would be to rename your entire /data folder. Before you do the re-install, rename the /data folder to /databackup (or whatever you want). Then install the game over the existing install. Since you did a minimum install, I won't recommend just deleting the new /data and replacing it with your backed up one because the files might not be the same. Just open up your /databackup, select all, and copy and paste them into the new /data folder, allowing it to overwrite any files it needs to.

Archived