PLEASE!!! I Need Help With EA's Graphic Editor...

HarleyRider

I posted this in another area but got no response, so I'll try it here.

Using EA's Graphic Editor I'm trying to edit some of the wall signs. I open up the file I want to change, then using the import wizard's first option. I import it into the existing pic and then go into the game and it's back to the stock version or does not show. Does anyone know what's going on and how I can get this to work so I can change some billboards?.

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers!!!

Check after you import it that the picture has changed b/c if not you need to select another one of the options in the import wizard. maybe you have selected the wrong one.

Not to sound too stupid, but what is "b/c"? Thanks.

Cheers!!!

This is getting rediculous!!! I have tried using everything and I still can't change the signs on the fence. I convert then to BMP, do my artwork, and save them as 32 bit with the alpha channel included. I then use EA's Graphic Editor's Import Wizard. I have tried all three of the options in there but no luck. It can't be that difficault, or can it?

I have both Adobe Photoshop CS and Paint Shop Pro 9.

Is there anyone out there who has step by step detailed instructions on how to do this? Everyone seems to mention gfxpak, fshED, EA Studio05, etc., but these programs are all new to me. I have worked with WinMip2 for NASCAR Racing 2003 Season and have no problems.

So pleeeeeease, I would really appreciate help on this from one of you pros out there.

Thank you very much!!!

Cheers!!!

Thanks Raindelay7.

I followed those instruction to the letter but the new fence signs still don't show up in the game. I think I know what my problem might be. After doing the artwork and it comes time to save the BMP file, how should it be saved. I know there's an alpha channel involved. I use either Paint Shop Pro 9 or Photoshop CS. I have tried saving it in different color bits and with and without the alpha channel. No good. Sometimes after a save I will get an error when using the Import Wizard that says:

"Stream Read Error"

What the heck is this? Am I saving the image with the wrong options?

I'm about to start throwing my keyboard!!!! LOL!

Please help :? Once again, thanks alot!!!

Cheers!!!

Have you tried opening extracted .fsh with the nFSHTOOL? I am not completely familiar with nFSHTOOL but i know it makes dealing with alphas much easier. I am pretty sure that bigbully can help you - try pming him. GL and sorry I can not be of more help.

Archived