game crashing in mini games

loonsluv

Just curious does anyone else have any problems with you game crashing in the batting portion of the mini games? I can do the pitching fine, but if I go into the batting, then it crashes as it is zooming in on my batter....any ideas?

are you using cyberfaces or photos? if so make sure you have changed the face id and portrait # to correspond with your roster in mvpedit. that would be my first suggestion. take it from there.

i have the same problem with the crashing as soon as it is about to show the batting view. i know for sure that it worked with created players from MVPedit, but i can't remember if i already had the cyberface on him when i used it (Pete Rose). i've had the bats for a long time and it worked fine, and i had no uniforms at the time it started. i had just installed the GABP night update, but i have reinstalled the original and it still crashes. i'm about to install another copy of MVP 2K5, and just start with my rosters and check it, then try cyberfaces and see if it still works.

No i'm not using cyberfaces, or photos...that definelty crashes my game, however i am using true's datafile, and stadiums, and a roster that i edited from mvpedit...that is it...

bats no, unis probably not unless you're using an angel -possibly. you say edited rosters? this would be my guess as to where the culprit lies. does this happen on every player? or who in particular?

ok guys, it's in the roster for sure. default roster from cd worked fine, then i imported a player, still worked fine, added a 23rd player to AA team, still worked, cleared lineup and it still worked, so then i imported my complete roster since it was going good, then CRASH. don't know what it could be, i'll play with it a little tomorrow and see if i can figure it out. i'll let you all know what i find.

it probably has to do with the fact that somewhere in the roster someone's face id is assigned incorrectly. either he is assigned a cyberface and you do not have one installed, you can either add the cyberface or change his face number to a generic one. face id 901-915. what player are you trying to use when this crash happnes? every player or just one or two?

it's not in the created players, i have been using them while testing this. i imported my Reds and used both Rose and O'Neill in the batting mini game, no crash. so created players and cyber faces aren't to blame, i'm still trying to figure out what it is. i guess i'll go through and check all my created players to make sure i didn't accidentally add a audio/photo id, and if nothing is wrong there i'll just import all my teams one by one to my test roster till i find one that makes it crash. i'll keep you all updated.

check all the players faces, cyber or not.

loonsluv, your created player; open the roster in mvpedit and see what his face ( under the appearance tab) id is set to.

haven't played the minis in a while who pitches? might check is face id too while your at it.

Archived