Problem With Game Crashing....appcompat.txt

Villareale52

Okay everyone,

Ive seriously looked on every forum everywhere for help with this and I cant find a darn thing...

One day im playing the game and the next day i cant get through an inning without it crashing. Game starts up fine, i can sim games and what not, when i go to play a game it starts up fine but then once theres a hit into the outfield the game crashes and i get this appcompat.txt error in a windows error box. Ive re-installed the game a couple times and cant still cant get it to work right. Ive run a whole bunch of spyware programs and virus-scans and still nothin works. Im about ready to format and reinstall windows unless someone out there has a fix for this one...

thanks all

no no. just some people have it crash on them, just nake sure the TNL caps lock box is check on the main 3danalyze screen. that will alleviate any crashing problems.

Villareale52,

i was just asking because that was the first thing i thought of. do you have any special rosters installed? cyberfaces, etc? what team? have you tried different teams etc. etc?

IMO opinion it's "probably" somewhere in the roster. probably a cyberface is installed w/out a correct face id or maybe a protrait. i would make a copy of the models.big you have now then start adding the mods back in one at a time then check it out. everytime you have succes just replace your older backup w/ the new one. this way you can isolate it and not have to fresh install it again. was this happening on every team or did you try other teams etc?

i get this appcompat.txt error in a windows error box

I just started getting this too. Installed ultimate 2.0,patches,mlb ball & bats, 3 unifgorm sets and all the stadiums. It doesn't crash for all teams. This is the second full reinstall I have done. It has to be a problem in the rosters somewhere.

try not to reinstall it's too much of a pain. always make a back up of your models.big #1. #2 forgot to mention this earlier make sure to always make a back up of your database folders.

here is a list of files you guys should always make backups of when you are adding mods. this will HOPEFULLY save you the heartache of having to start over every time you encounter a problem. i'm sure i'll leave something out so if i do maybe someone can chime in.

models.big

uniforms.big

portraits.big

stadiums

data file

data base

igonly.big

ingame.big

that's all i can think of right now, i know i'm probably forgetting something here i just can't remember them all.

the first game that crashed for me was the cubs and tigers. i just went into mvpedit and checked the teams. there was a couple of guys on the cubs who were assigned faces but weren't showing up in the preview pic. they were Michael Barrett and Sergio Mitre. They were assigned the numbers from TK's Cub's update in the download section. Barrett was 505 but i forget what Mitre was. Did Barrett have 505 assigned by EA when the game was released?If not, then that might be the problem for all the crashes. BTW, I checked the Tigers but didn't see any conflicts in numbers. The game still crashed with them.(the plot thickens???)

ok baretts face id is WRONG change it to 904 he has a generic (unless somebody released a cyber) and should not have a face id of 505. mitre should be 908. there's the problem. right there. for the cubs at least. there are probably more errors in there as well. you really should download jack caspers real baseball roster man, it is excellent. i am getting all this info from his file. looks like i believe almost all but 5-6 teams are pretty much dead on from the A level thru MLB. or if you don't want dload it and use it as a reference chart for the problems. i think it will solve them all.

Archived