MVP not detecting ANY of my controllers

Stach

i refuse to play any sports games with the keyboard, and both my controllers get detected in any other ea sports game so why not this one.

i have a steering wheel which is USB(obvioulsy i wont be using that controller) and i have a usb adapter with my ps2 controller plugs into, it shows up as a 16 button 4 axis controller in the control panel, both these controllers show up in every other game i have played, whether i needed them to show up or not. now in mvp all i get is stupid keyboard 1 and 2.

what gives???

i have a usb adapter with my ps2 controller plugs into, it shows up as a 16 button 4 axis controller in the control panel

What kind of ps2 adaptor is it, for instance I use the Soyo KiKy X-Series Game Pad Converter, another popular one is the Radio Shack Adaptor.

FYI, EA only officially supports a few controllers for this game. It takes a few registry tweaks and controller.cfg tweaks to get everything working correctly, but it's not all that hard.

16 button 4 axis controller

I know the joybox adaptor is 16 button 4 axis, if this is what you have check out this link. It is dealing with the joybox specifically.

In a nutshell, to get the joybox working:

1) Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type regedit

2)

1. Make your way to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlMediaPropertiesPrivateProp erties JoystickOEM

2. You'll see a bunch of entries like VID_045E&PID_000XXXX and when you click on it, it should have the name of a controller in the right pane

3. For me, it was the last entry. Keep going down the list until the controller that has the same name in your Controller is shown on the right window.

4. Delete the description for that window on the right window and rename it to Dual USB Feedback Joypad.

Make sure you rename it: Dual USB Feedback Joypad, if you want to use his controller.cfg file.

3) Download his controller.cfg file and save it in: "%userprofile%My DocumentsMVP Baseball 2004"

I know the joybox adaptor is 16 button 4 axis, if this is what you have check out this link. It is dealing with the joybox specifically.

In a nutshell, to get the joybox working:

1) Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type regedit

2)

1. Make your way to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlMediaPropertiesPrivateProp erties JoystickOEM

2. You'll see a bunch of entries like VID_045E&PID_000XXXX and when you click on it, it should have the name of a controller in the right pane

3. For me, it was the last entry. Keep going down the list until the controller that has the same name in your Controller is shown on the right window.

4. Delete the description for that window on the right window and rename it to Dual USB Feedback Joypad.

Make sure you rename it: Dual USB Feedback Joypad, if you want to use his controller.cfg file.

3) Download his controller.cfg file and save it in: "%userprofile%My DocumentsMVP Baseball 2004"

Thank you so much, that little registry hack worked great. thanks.

now i just gotta practice, i realized that i really suck at this game only after 2 innings lol

Archived