Bases Loaded, 0 Outs...... a NY Mets Dynasty!

Lual

You're putting Washington in the Box Score but it looks like you're playing the Brewers. Otherwise, amazing format, I love it.

Good Spot Mate :)

thanks for the comments - glad your enjoying it :D

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 3: @ Milwaukee Brewers

Back On Track!

triple.jpglooking.jpg

(Above: Cairo cracks a 3 RBI Triple to start a 4 run, 2nd inning, Right: Caught Looking! Looper closes this game in style.)

After 6 straight defeats, the Mets finally turn things around with an impressive display to avoid a sweep at Miller Park.

The Brewers couldnt generate any offence today, and were kept to just 4 hits, 1 of which was a solo homer from Lee in the 7th inning.

This didnt spark the typical collapse from the Mets, as they convincingly held on to their 4-1 lead, through the final innings.

Cairo had given the Mets the perfect platform for todays win, as he blasted a 3 RBI Triple in the 2nd inning, which was added to, thanks to Glavines Sac Bunt. Those 4 runs gave Glavine something to pitch with, and he managed to take his 3rd win of the year.

Now at 14-18, the Mets head to Chicago to face the NLs best Cubs, in 3 games.

Mets Notables:

Hitting:

Cairo - 2/4, 3RBI, 1 Double, 1 Triple

Cameron - 2/4

Floyd - 2/4

Mientkiewicz - 2/3, 1 Double, 1BB

Pitching:

Glavine - 7.1I 4H 1R 1ER 1K 1HR 2.93era (3-4)

Looper - (6 Saves)

Box  R  H  E

NYM  4  8  0

MIL  1  4  1

Upcoming Series - 3 Games @ Chicago

Game 1: @ Chicago Cubs

Beltran Explodes!

beltjack.jpgbensonk.jpg

(Above: Beltran slams home a 3 run jack, to put the Mets 4-3 up in the 3rd, Right: Benson racks up a crucial K.)

Beltran hit a crucial Home Run, as the Mets came from 3-1 down, to destroy the Cubs 8-4, in a hit fest at Wrigley.

Benson had started slowly, and gave up a solo shot to Ramirez in the 1st, as the Mets fell behind early. But Beltrans effort, followed by a 3 run 9th inning, ensured the Mets clinched a vital win in Chicago, a nice way to start the series.

Almonte (2), Valent, Diaz and a Wild Throw, accounted for the rest of the Mets RBIs, in a game which Beltran stamped his authority, and showed why hes earning over $17million per year in a Mets uniform.

Mets Notables:

Hitting:

Beltran - 2/4, 1HR, 3RBI, 1BB

Cameron - 2/4, 1BB

Pitching:

Benson - 6I 9H 4R 4ER 1BB 1K 1HR 3.69era (3-1)

Box  R  H  E

NYM  8 11  1

CHC  4 14  1

Game 2: @ Chicago Cubs

Solo Shots!

beltsteal2.jpgflshot.jpg

(Above: Beltran gives his all to get to 3rd, before, Right: Floyd hits a single to drive home the only score for the Mets.)

After the resounding performance the night before, the Mets slumped to just 3 hits, as the Cubs won the game on the back of 3 Solo Home Runs, thanks to Ramirez, Patterson and Hairston Jr.

Zambrano racked up 5Ks on the night, but let to many pitches get away from him, as the Cubs scored in the 2nd, 3rd and 6th innings, to squeak out a close one in Game 2 at Wrigley.

The Mets never looked like making a comeback, and pretty much collapsed at the plate, as Rusch convincingly won his 5 game of the year as a Cubs starter.

Mets Notables:

Hitting:

Floyd - 1RBI

Pitching:

Zambrano - 7I 7H 3R 3ER 1BB 5K 3HR 4.47era (0-4)

Box  R  H  E

NYM  1  3  0

CHC  3  9  0

Game 3: @ Chicago Cubs

Costly Win!

wrightc.jpgbeltmiss.jpg

(Above: Wright makes a sliding grab to get a key out, and Right: Beltran cant believe hes called out at home.)

The Mets took a tense game at Wrigley to come away with a nice 2-1 series win, but the win came at a cost.

Braden Looper, the Mets Closer, fractured his finger in trying to grab a ball straight back at him. He has been ruled out for 17 days, and is likely to not feature till late May, possibly early June in a Mets uniform.

Aside from that disappointment, the Mets played solid defense, holding the Cubs to just 1 run, as they failed to take advantage of their 10 hits.

The game went to extra innings, and it was Castro who was the hero for the Mets, as he blooped a single to right, allowing Almonte to come home from 2nd.

The Cardinals are up next for the Mets, back at Shea, after this 6 game road stand. More must win matches, as the Mets still linger 5GB in the NL East, and hold a poor 4-7 record in the month of May.

Mets Notables:

Hitting:

Mientkiewicz - 2/5

Almonte & Castro - 1RBI

Pitching:

Trachsel - 8I 8H 1R 1ER 3K 2.13era

Heredia - W (2-0)

Box  R  H  E

NYM  2  6  0

CHC  1 10  0

Roster News:

With a 1 day break before the series against St. Louis, the Mets shuffled their roster.

1 enforced move, was to put Looper on the 15 day DL, thus Bartolome Fortunato is called up from AAA Norfolk, to go into the Pen. Whilst Mike DeJean has been moved to the Closer Role.

The other move is more due to poor performance and attitude, as Erick Almonte, batting just .139 has been grumbling in the locker room. To rectify this, the Mets have called up 32 year old Benji Gil from AAA Norfolk, to start at SS until Reyes returns. Almonte is unlikely to get a renewal to his 1 year deal, after his outburst.

Upcoming Series - 3 Games Home vs St. Louis

Game 1: Home vs St. Louis Cardinals

Miracle At Shea!

camdive.jpggil.jpg

(Above: Cameron makes a huge play in the outfield, preventing a run scoring play, Right: Gil doubles up the centre, and drives in 2 runs in his 1st game this year.)

If there are such things as miracles then we witnessed one here tonight. Well maybe not a miracle, but in the context of a season, this night could be seen as a turning point.

Yes, you guessed it, Pedro finally got a win as a Mets starter! He pitched 7 innings, giving up just 1 run, as he finally oozed confidence on the mound. Add to this, the fact he was given solid run support, and it looks as if things maybe settling down for Pedro in the Big Apple.

Gil also impressed on the night, as he drove in 2 runs with a double in the 3rd. The Mets managed to stack 7 runs on the board, crazily 2 came off Marquis' errors, as he overthrew pickoffs, allowing the Mets to tag up at home.

A good start for the Mets, as this series signals a 9 game home stand, which ends with the first Subway Series of the season.

Mets Notables:

Hitting:

Cameron - 2/4

Wright - 2/4

Pitching:

Martinez - 7I 6H 1R 1ER 1BB 1J 5.21era (1-6)

Fortunato - (Save 1)

Box  R  H  E

STL  1  7  2

NYM  7  9  0

Apr / Brooklyn / Yankee Faithful

Thanks for the comments lads - much appreciated, maybe ill apply for a job at mlb.com ;)

and yes, its photoshop i use to enhance the pictures, giving them something extra ;) lol

Game 2: Home vs St. Louis Cardinals

Hit Fest!

glavpoor.jpgcairodive.jpg

(Above: Glavine realises its not his day, Right: Cairo makes a diving grab to restrict the damage.)

St. Louis turned up at Shea and gave a display of power hitting that even had the Mets fans in awe.

Glavine started well on the mound, but soon lost control as the Cardinals got into their swing. The main damage came in the 7th, as the Cardinals racked up 8 runs and 12 hits, giving them a 12-0 lead, over the 1 hit Mets.

Floyd, Mientkiewicz and Wright, all then chalked up hits for the Mets in the 8th, as the hosts rallied to put 3 runs on the board. Alas it was way too little, way too late, as the Cardinals take game 2 12-3, on the back of 21 hits.

Mets Notables:

Hitting:

Floyd, Mientkiewicz & Wright - 1RBI

Pitching:

Glavine - 6I 15H 9R 9ER 3K 2HR 3.96era (3-5)

Box  R  H  E

STL 12 21  2

NYM  3  4  0

Game 3: Home vs St. Louis Cardinals

Same Old, Same Old!

outsw.jpgrealise.jpg

(Above: Out Swinging, 10 Mets go down on Ks, Right: Realisation sinks in, the Mets are now 7.5GB.)

Same Old Mets, as after a mini revival, the Mets have lost 2 straight and have now sunk 7.5GB and are in real danger of not even being competitive come the All-Star break.

The Mets where never in this game, as the Cards held a 4 run lead from the 3rd inning, due in part to Pujols who juiced a 3 run shot off a loose Benson fastball.

With just 1 inning left, the Mets did manage to get on the scoreboard, but there was to be no miracle comeback for the hosts, as Tavarez and Isringhausen made sure that no one else got on base.

Next up is the MLB Worst Cincinnati Reds who will arrive as Shea, already victums of a sweep by the Mets. After that, the game that needs no build up, the Yankees arrive at Shea!

Mets Notables:

Hitting:

Cairo - 2/3, 1BB

Cameron - 2/4

Pitching:

Benson - 7I 6H 2R 2ER 2K 1HR 3.54era (3-2)

Box  R  H  E

STL  4  9  2

NYM  1  7  0

Upcoming Series - 3 Games Home vs Cincinnati

Game 1: Home vs Cincinnati Reds

Red Faced!

dplay.jpgzambloss.jpg

(Above: Turning 2, not much else for the Mets to be proud of... Right: Zambrano goes 0-5 on the year, giving up all 7 runs.)

An embarassing night all round for the Mets, as they lose 7-1 at home to the Reds, as the MLBs worst side dominant their hosts.

The shining light for the Reds, was OF Kearns who jacked a Grand Slam as part of a 5 run 8th inning, as the Reds cruised into a 7-0 lead. The Mets on the other hand, could only muster 2 hits all game. Add to that, the fact that the Reds walked in the Mets consolation run and you have a Red Faced Mets team, humiliated at Shea.

Zambrano has now slipped to 0-5 on the year, prompting reports that he may be traded shortly, as the Mets are becoming desperate for a stable rotation.

Mets Notables:

Hitting:

Pitching:

Zambrano - 7.2I 10H 7R 7ER 5K 2HR 5.04era (0-5)

Box  R  H  E

CIN  7 10  0

NYM  1  2  1

Game 2: Home vs Cincinnati Reds

Fighting Spirit!

reyesrund.jpgfight.jpg

(Above: Reyes chalks up an out on a rundown, and Right: Reyes charges the mound, after being hit by a pitch.)

Reyes came out fighting, as the Mets showed alot of heart in coming back to shut out the Reds, and take game 2 3-0.

Trachsel pitched like a lion, going all 9 innings, and completing a shut out against the Reds, who seemed flustered, after their domination in yesterdays game.

Beltran drove 2 runs in for the Mets in the 6th to seal the win, but things got spicy in the 8th, when Reyes took a pitch in the mid-rift, sparking a bench clearing brawl and leaving Reyes ejected from the game.

Reyes said "Ive just come back from a concussion injury today, and that **** on the mound hits me...."

The Mets will now hope this incident can bring the clubhouse back together, and drive them onto better things. Starting with game 3 tomorrow, with a rejuvenated Pedro on the mound.

Mets Notables:

Hitting:

Cameron - 3/4, 1Double

Reyes - 2/3, 1 Double

Beltran - 2/3, 2RBI

Pitching:

Trachsel - 9I 7H 1BB 3K 1.81era (3-1)

Box  R  H  E

CIN  0  7  1

NYM  3  9  1

Game 3: Home vs Cincinnati Reds

Bad Luck Or....!

flcaught.jpgspot.jpg

(Above: Floyd caught at 2nd, as he tries to advance, Right: Spot the ball, Cameron hits 2 Doubles in vain.)

Is it bad luck? or bad performance? You could say a mixture of both, after Pedro had dominated for 9 innings, showing form from his Red Sox days. In reality he should of been the winning pitcher, bar the fact the Mets failed to drive in any runs in the 7th / 8th & 9th innings, when they had 2 men on base, 1 of which was at third in all 3 innings.

DeJean had come into get the Mets through the 10th inning, but ended up losing the game for the hosts, as he gave up 4 hits and 2 runs, allowing the Reds to see out the game as 3-1 winners.

Pedro had given the Mets a perfect base to build on, as he struck out 8 batters, allowing just 5 hits - 1 of which was the solo homer by Adam Dunn in the 3rd.

The Mets however, could not get things going and left too many men stranded on base, a recipe for defeat for any team.

Its the Yankees next, theres more than pride at stake. The Mets are 18-23 and 8.5GB in the NL East, wins are now a necessity.

Mets Notables:

Hitting:

Cameron - 2/5, 2 Double

Castro - 2/4, 1 Double

Pitching:

Martinez - 9I 5H 1R 1ER 8K 1HR 4.64era

DeJean - L (2-2)

Box  R  H  E

CIN  3  9  0

NYM  1  9  0

Upcoming Series - 3 Games Home vs New York (A)

Game 1: Home vs New York Yankees

Yanks Win!

glavpt.jpgjob.jpg

(Above: Glavine turns things around, after a rocky start. Right: Is his Job on the line?.)

Not the ideal start in the Subway Series for the Mets, as they are held to just 1 hit, as the Yankees earn a 3-1 win at Shea.

Things started badly for the Mets, as Glavine gave up 6 hits and 3 runs in the first 2 innings, as the Yankees looked as if they would race away and crush the struggling Mets.

To his credit, Glavine pulled things round, and kept the Yankees at bay, hoping that the Mets offence could generate some runs. Alas nothing happened for the Mets until the 8th inning, where 3 walks, and their only hit from Wright, gave the Mets 1 run in a bases loaded 1 out situation.

Typically for the Mets, they never looked like driving in any more runs, and weakly gave up their last 5 outs, as Mariano drilled a 1-2-3 9th down the Mets fans throat.

2 games left to recover some pride for the Mets in the Battle of the Big Apple, though it looks very unlikely.

The good news for the Mets is that Catcher Mike Piazza is back and will start Game 2 against the Yankees.

Mets Notables:

Hitting:

3 Walks....

Pitching:

Glavine - 8I 8H 3R 3ER 1BB 4K 3.89era (3-6)

Box  R  H  E

NYY  3  8  0

NYM  1  1  0

Game 2: Home vs New York Yankees

Back With A Bang!

2play.jpgbeltbunt.jpg

(Above: A vital double play ends the Yankees comeback hopes, Right: Beltran bunts home Reyes, to give the Mets an insurance run.)

Piazza came back into the Mets lineup to face his nemesis the Yankees, and what a comeback. Mike stepped up with 2 on in the first, and jacked a 3 run shot to left, punishing Mussina for hanging a fastball over the plate.

With the ideal start behind them, the Mets continued to play well, and added a 4th run in the 5th, thanks to Beltran Sac Bunting, Reyes home from 3rd.

The Yankees pulled 1 run back in the 6th, but could only muster 5 hits against a solid outing by Benson, as he improved to 4-2 on the year. Hernandez also pitched well, as he retired all 6 batters he faced in order, enabling the Mets to tie the Subway Series 1-1.

Mets Notables:

Hitting:

Reyes - 2/3

Piazza - 1/4, 1HR, 3RBI

Pitching:

Benson - 7I H5 1R 1ER 1K 3.28era (4-2)

Hernandez (Save 1)

Box  R  H  E

NYY  1  5  2

NYM  4  5  0

Game 3: Home vs New York Yankees

Mets Come Up Short!

camsteal3.jpgpiazzasad.jpg

(Above: Reyes steals 3rd, before coming home on a error from Brown, Right: Piazza is less than impressed in losing to the Yankees.)

The Yankees left Shea with 2 wins under their belt, as the managed to out hit and out score the Mets in a tense rubber match.

Jeter gave the Yankees the ideal start, cranking a homer to left on his first pitch faced. The Yankees then put 2 more runs on the board, leading 3-0 going into the 4th. Both sides added a run in the 4th, the Mets thanks to Yankee Pitcher Kevin Brown who overthrow a pickoff attempt to 3rd, to catch Reyes out.

Zambrano now stands 0-6 on the year, and has failed to impress either the Front Office or the Fans with his lacklustre displays.

The Mets just couldnt keep up with the potent Yankee offence. Both sides add another run in the 7th, but the Mets are outhit 14-6, in this 4-2 loss, leaving them adrift at the foot of the NL East.

Atlanta awaits the Mets, in what is now a must win 7 game run, with 3 against the Braves, then 4 against the Marlins, in divisional matchups to end May.

Mets Notables:

Hitting:

Cairo - 2/3

Pitching:

Zambrano - 7I 10H 4R 4ER 1K 1HR 5.05era (0-6)

Box  R  H  E

NYY  4 14  2

NYM  2  6  0

Reyes said "Ive just come back from a concussion injury today, and that **** on the mound hits me...."

:D I can just imagine him saying that.

Also, funny, how your Subway Series came out, just like the real one! Yanks win 1 and 3, Mets win 2. I'm glad to see a Mets dynasty, and you might see another when I start one up. ;)

Keep up the good work.

:D I can just imagine him saying that.

Also, funny, how your Subway Series came out, just like the real one! Yanks win 1 and 3, Mets win 2. I'm glad to see a Mets dynasty, and you might see another when I start one up. ;)

Keep up the good work.

cheers mate - i look forward to reading yours :D

Archived