"MISSING TEXTURE"

ee

I tried putting in a new splash.fsh (the load screen, right?) and when the game starts I get a "MISSING TEXTURE" image instead. I used FSHTool to expand the splash.fsh, and replaced the BMP with my own BMP (24bit 512x512). Then fshtool again to compress it back to the splash.fsh - and then gfxpak to put it back into the splash.big

Why is this not working? I used the same process to replace the "Click to Start" screen with no problems.

Well, using FshEd and EA Graphics editor, I can't seem to find any differences in the two fsh files, besides the image itself of course - but both BMP files were the exact same size and colors, etc. Which makes me think the problem must be in the process of using gfxpak to put the fsh back into the 'splash.big' file. Though, I can't figure out what it could be........

Ok, the new realization is that if I extract the FSH and then gfxpak the same original FSH back into the splash.big - it STILL gives me the "MISSING TEXTURES" message. Could the FSH file be losing something in the extract/import process? It must be, right?

When it was being extracted from the .big file it was decompressing, while I thought gfxpak was compressing it again as it put it in splash.big, it apparently was not - I compressed the fsh file before packing it, and it worked. :)

Archived