game locks up...

larryboy4444

I can't actually play the game...

I can manage, I can do dynasty, I can even do the home run challange (and I assume the pitching challange)...

But, when I go to start an actual game, it goes and does the prelim stuff fine, everything runs smoothly, and then as the batter steps to the plate, it changes screen to go to batting view (I think) and the game just shuts off and puts me back on Windows...

anyone have any clue why this is?

I'm trying to play with an AxisPad, and I have the controller working with the help of stuff that was on here in a thread about controllers... so it works fine now...

I just can't get it to let me bat or pitch in a real game... }=O(

any help? Has anyone seen this problem before?

It spits me back out to Windows...

I used the controller file that someone else on here has used...

It happens when I just use the keyboard (I could never get it to change profiles for some reason... lol...)

But either way, it does this with keyboard, without a joystick, all the time...

I don't have any mods, although this happens with the patch version 1 and 2 from ea....

I have only tried playing with the Brewers or thier farm clubs but I've played against a number of different teams and it always does the same thing at the same time....

tried playing as the Seattle Mariners in exhibition (quick play whatever it is called you know what i mean) and it did the same exact thing...

It freezes up when teh batter actually steps to the plate...

Should I mention I crashed my PC in between the 2 times this problem has happened? So its been re-installed and everything, so its not like something happened in the installation (unless it happened twice)...

anyone have any ideas?

lol... I actually don't know...

found some stuff on here...

PIII 930 MHz processor

128 megs of RAM

Windows XP

I don't know what kind but I know we have a 64 meg video card, don't know the chipset...

so, I guess we don't have enough RAM (I thought we had more)... but if we didn't have the RAM, wouldn't it not startup correctly? I mean it starts up fine and I can do everything (hitting challange, pitching challange, manager mode, dynasty, etc.) I just can't get it to keep going into the game, it freezes once it actually starts...

I mean, it doesn't really matter all that much, I'm gonna have my own computer (this is my parents I live with them still while I'm in college) in about 1.5 or 2 months tops (hopefully like 2 weeks, though)... and its gonna be huge and suped up (3 GHz CPU (not intel, the other big company), 512 Megz of RAM (at least), a Raptor hard drive, 256 meg video card, etc....) }=O) So I CAN wait, I just don't wanna... lol

lol... I actually don't know...

found some stuff on here...

PIII 930 MHz processor

128 megs of RAM

Windows XP

I don't know what kind but I know we have a 64 meg video card, don't know the chipset...

so, I guess we don't have enough RAM (I thought we had more)... but if we didn't have the RAM, wouldn't it not startup correctly? I mean it starts up fine and I can do everything (hitting challange, pitching challange, manager mode, dynasty, etc.) I just can't get it to keep going into the game, it freezes once it actually starts...

I mean, it doesn't really matter all that much, I'm gonna have my own computer (this is my parents I live with them still while I'm in college) in about 1.5 or 2 months tops (hopefully like 2 weeks, though)... and its gonna be huge and suped up (3 GHz CPU (not intel, the other big company), 512 Megz of RAM (at least), a Raptor hard drive, 256 meg video card, etc....) }=O) So I CAN wait, I just don't wanna... lol

For Windows XP, 256mb of ram is the minimum you should have imo.

but would it cause it to freeze up at the same place every time? I mean, I can deal with it dying in the middle of games once in a while for hte next month... but it would suck if it happens ALL THE TIME at this spot forever, which is what I'm afraid of...

128mb of RAM doesn't cause any problems in XP OR any games. I'm using it right now before I upgrade to bigger ram, and don't have any problems at all. My stuff is quite a bit better than Larry's is, but I still have no problems with the RAM. I just felt compelled to add that to this discussion.

Anyway, Try uninstalling the game again...making sure that all folders are gone, all save files are gone..everything is gone..and start from scratch. If its still doing it without the patches...then try skipping patch 1 and going straight to patch 2. If you still have the problem. I'm pretty stumped, you might just have a bum copy of the game.

Try running the game in 640x480 mode.....with most all the options turned

off.......just to see if you can get it to run. As you had said earlier you are able to do the home run challange its just when you try to load a game.....Also...make sure you have the latest version of directx which is 9.0b and latest graphics card drivers.....and go from there.

Archived