baserunning frustration

chakfu

argh, this happened to me just now. Man on 2nd, guy hits what looks to be a double, rolling out to the fence. I tell the runner to round third and head home. Then, I decide I want teh batter to go for 2, so I hit the button to control him and send him to 2nd. When I do that, the man heading home turns around and heads back to 3rd! I wish the computer wouldn't override my baserunning decisions after I choose them!

I know, I probably should have just hit the advance all button.

It got better, I managed to get the guy to head back home, meanwhile the throw came into 2nd and the batter rounded past 2nd without my telling him, and got tagged out...

argh

If you just hit the button that corrosponds to what base you want a runner to go to when you have multiple runners on base, the AI assumes you mean the lead runner.

In the case you describe, the lead runner had not yet reached home, when you told the "runner" to go to second...so he turned around.

When you want to get a specific runner (not the lead runner) to a specific base you first need to to choose which runner you want to advance. You do that hitting the button from the base he's on..similar to calling a steal...choose the runner, then choose the base to runn to.

Now since the guy was the hitter, I can only assume you would have had to choose first base then choose second.

With all that said...I never do it this way. In the situation you describe I Advance All to get the batter to second then choose Home, which will get the lead runner to round third. I usually always move the lead runner around the bases, leave the back runner to the AI...this avoids getting my self tagged out...although I have had my share of baserunning blunders.

Hope that helps,

Daniel

you first need to to choose which runner you want to advance.

He is saying that he did that, but when he changed from the lead runner to the guy hitting, the cpu resumed control of the lead runner and made him return to third.

I find i get into more trouble if i try to use the advace all button on the bases, but sometime the CPU just make dumb decisions and that's the only way to control more that one baserunner at a time, the problem is when you want one to hold, and one to run but can't switch in time...

Archived