*San Diego Padres Dynasty*

Deathnotronic

Hey everyone, what's going on? I'm here with my new San Diego Padres Dynasty and will be updating most likely everyday or everyother day. The only mods I'm using so far is the Datafile Combo 6 or whatever it's called. Anyways, here is my lineup and everything. Also, feel free to post any criticisms and what not on ideas on who you think I should trade for, drop down to the minors, etc.

Starting Lineup

CF: Dave Roberts

2B: Mark Loretta

RF: Brian Giles

1B: Phil Nevin

LF: Ryan Klesko

SS: Khalil Greene

C: Ramon Hernandez

3B: Sean Burroughs

Bench

3B: Geoff Blum

3B: Xavier Nady

C: Miguel Ojeda

LF: Eric Young

1B: Mark Sweeney

Starting Rotation

SP: Woody Williams

SP: Jake Peavy

SP: Adam Eaton

SP: Brian Lawrence

SP: Tim Redding

Bullpen

MRP: Chris Hammond

MRP: Rudy Seanez

MRP: Scott Linebrink

MRP: Dennys Reyes

LRP: Darrell May

SU: Akinori Otsuka

CP: Trevor Hoffman

Opening Day: Padres @ Rockies

Strong Out Of The Gates

khalilreacheserror.jpggilesdivecatch.jpg

(Top Left: Khalil reaches on error. Top Right: Giles makes a brilliant diving catch)

This was a great Opening Day Game for the San Diego Padres. The game started off with a first pitch swing by Dave Roberts who hit it to the Colorado Shortstop who made an error allowing Roberts to reach base and then stole 2nd on a failed Hit & Run attempt. Phil Nevin then knocked Roberts in with a double to make the score 1-0. Klesko then struck out to end the inning.

The 2nd inning saw another run get put on the board when Sean Burroughs hit a Solo HR (1) to make the score 2-0.

Moving ahead into the 4th, we saw another 2 runs scored by the Padres in the top half of the inning. The 2 runs were scored on back-to-back doubles by Ramon Hernandez and Sean Burroughs. Ramon Hernandez knocked in Khalil Greene (3-0), and then Burroughs knocked in Hernandez (4-0).

After the 4th inning, the game pretty much turned into a pitchers dual except in the bottom of the 6th where Colorado put 2 men on with 1 out but couldn't get anything going. Matt Holliday popped up to the Catcher, and then Woody Williams got Todd Helton to chase a slider low and away to strike him out and end the inning and the threat.

Padres: 1-0

Rockies: 0-1

San Diego Notables:

Burroughs: 2-4, 2B, HR (1), 2 RBI (2)

Hernandez: 2-4, 2B, RBI (1)

Nevin: 2-4, 2B, RBI (1)

Williams: 7 IP, 3 H, 5 K, 1 BB, 0 ER, 0.00 ERA, Win (1-0)

Colorado Notables:

Helton: 1-4, 2B, 1 K, 1 Error

Miles: 1-1

Jennings: 6 IP, 8 H, 2 K, 0 BB, 1 ER, 1.50 ERA, Loss (0-1)

Box Score: 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

SD  1 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 0  4 8 0 

COL 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 4 2

PS: Yes, I know I either stole this template/layout from Lual or Spivey or both, and I'm just saying Thank You. It's easy to make, and easy to follow along.

-CBK

Just outta curiousity, what do you mean by "what's wrong with the players?" I have Detail setting on High for them, and if it's because it's bright, I don't know how to decrease the brightness. By the way, I'm playing Pro, because with the Combo File I'm currently using, All-Star is pretty tough on me. But the Combo File has been the most realistic play I've had.

Game 2: Padres @ Rockies

Extra Innings Nail Biter

heltonsbomb.jpgteamcelebrates.jpg

(Top Left: Helton's 4th inning bomb. Top Right: Team celebrates a 14 inning victory.)

Hmm...Where to start off? The games first 2 innings were bland and boring with the only bright spot being a double for Colorado's Matt Holliday. Once the third started though, that's where things began to pick up. In the top half of the 3rd, Ramon Hernandez hit a lead-off single, followed by Burroughs hitting a single and then Jake Peavy hit into a Double Play after two failed bunt attempts, and then Dave Roberts flew out to end the inning. And then in the bottom half of the 3rd, Colorado's Luis A. Gonzalez had a 9 pitch at-bat where he fouled 6 consecutive pitches off, but ultimately ended up striking out with a Peavy fastball on the upper inside corner.

The 4th didn't play out to well for San Diego's pitcher Jake Peavy. Peavy gave up a massive bomb to Todd Helton to start the inning(1-0), and then later, Atkins knocked in Preston Wilson with an RBI double to make the score 2-0 in favor of Colorado. However, in the top half of the 5th inning, there was a scary moment for Colorado. The Rockies shortstop Desi Relaford tore a Knee MCL while robbing Phil Nevin of a hit. Relaford is expected to miss 226 days with the injury.

Over the next couple of innings, 5th, and 6th, each pitcher was getting the job done quickly and effectively, however, Peavy got pulled in the bottom of the 7th after pitching 6.1 Innings because of low stamina and the Rockies heavy hitters coming up to bat, so San Diego called on Rudy Seanez to close out the inning, in which he did on only 4 pitches.

In the 8th inning, Sean Burroughs hit a single and then Eric Young came in to pinch hit for Seanez. This was probably the best call of the night, because Young smacked a 444 foot homerun to tie the game up at 2 a piece. In the bottom of the 8th, San Diego made the 2nd best call of the night, bringing in long reliever, Darrell May. May pitched a stong 5 innings of relief by no hitting the Rockies and only walking 1.

In the top of the 12th, the Padres had a good opportunity to seal the game shut after Phil Nevin hit a leadoff double. Unfortunately though, Klesko flew out to shallow right field not allowing Nevin to advance to 3rd, and then Khalil Greene grounded to short and tossed the ball to 3rd and caught Nevin in a pickle, getting him out. Than Hernandez grounded out to 1st to end the inning.

Ultimately in the top of the 14th, Mark Loretta came threw and blasted a homerun to dead center field to make the score 3-2. And in the bottom half of the inning, San Diego called in the closer, Trevor Hoffman to come in and get his first save of the year.

Padres 2-0

Rockies 0-2

San Diego Notables:

Loretta: 2-6, 1 HR (1) (Game Winner), 1 RBI (1)

Burroughs: 3-5, 1 Run (1)

Young: 1-1, 1 HR (1), 2 RBI (2)

Peavy: 6.1 IP, 5 H, 6 K, 0 BB, 2 ER, 2.84 ERA

May: 5.0 IP, 0 H, 3 K, 1 BB, 0 ER, 0.00 ERA

Reyes: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 1 K, 0 BB, 0 ER, 0.00 ERA, Win (1-0)

Hoffman: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 K, 0 BB, 0 ER, 0.00 ERA, Save (1)

Colorado Notables:

Holliday: 1-6, 2B, 3 K

Helton: 1-6, HR (1), RBI (1)

Atkins: 2-5, 2 2B, RBI (1)

Kennedy: 8.0 IP, 6 H, 4 K, 0 BB, 2 ER, 2.25 ERA

Kim: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 K, 0 BB, 0 ER, 0.00 ERA

Fuentes: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 K, 0 BB, 1 ER, 3.00 ERA, Loss (0-1)

Box Score:

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  R  H  E

SD	 0  0  0  0  0  0  0  2  0   0   0   0   0   1  3  9  1

COL	0  0  0  2  0  0  0  0  0   0   0   0   0   0  2  6  1

Opening Day: Padres @ Rockies

Box Score: 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  R H E

SD  1 1 0 2 0 0 2 0 0  4 8 0 

COL 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  1 4 2

Your boxscore is wrong and you might consider fixing it.

And yes, your players seem to be glowing--something's not right and it would bug me to play like that. And as far as trades go, as the Padres should in real life, you should get rid of the logjam in the outfield--too many corner outfielders (Nady, Giles, Klesko). Other possibilities: Klesko should be at first or traded--if not, then Nevin. Nady could be at third possibly. Get a speedy outfielder maybe (Carl Crawford or similar type?) to cover the large outfield (Giles is not a RF). Try and unite Marcus with Brian (Giles brothers). Trade for Zito.

eber, thanks for the heads up on the wrong boxscore, got it changed. Now if you could, please explain to me what you mean by "my players are glowing." Whenever I play the game, the players colors and everything look like they should, and are pretty much the same as the console versions, and the pictures, when I look at them, look crisp to me. I don't witness any glowing.

Just outta curiousity, what do you mean by "what's wrong with the players?" I have Detail setting on High for them, and if it's because it's bright, I don't know how to decrease the brightness.

khalilreacheserror.jpglarochestrechesforbal6jx.png

The one on the right is your pic, and the one on the left is mine - this is why I asked what's wrong with them, they're GLOWING!

Yeah something is definitely not right as further evidenced by those screenshots. Maybe try toggling the "helmet reflections" (I think this is what it's called--I can't check as I haven't reinstalled the game yet).

As far as the "Helmet Reflections" go, I need to play with them off, or else all of the players are transparent and I can see right through them. I tried playing with the VSync on and Helmet Reflections off, and it still came out like the pics I posted earlier. And as far as the "glowing" goes, it really isn't that bad while you are playing, it's actually like a higher definition to me, and I can see the ball alot better. But if anyone knows how to get rid of the transparency, I'd really appreciate it.

Archived