Help with turning two

hefalumps

Okay - this just keeps happening and I haven't been able to figure out a workaround.

Anytime there's a potential double-play ball hit to my infielders, if I have to run in on the ball at all, by the time my infielder comes to a complete stop and finally turns to throw the ball to second base, it's always late so I end up getting no one out. At first, I thought it might be because the other infielder wasn't on second base to take the throw yet. But that is not the case. The other infielder is there in plenty of time - the problem is that instead of turning and flipping or shoveling the ball, the charging infielder has to come to a complete stop, turn around, and then throw the ball.

What am I doing wrong? I am currently holding down the button to charge the throw meter before the charging infielder gets the ball. Should I wait until he already has the ball? Has anyone else run into this problem and found a way around it?

Thanks to anyone who can help...

Has anyone else run into this problem and found a way around it?

Yeah, it's a big time pain, it's even worse on the consoles in my opinion.

Kamasutra has been posting some links about some possible fixes to this problem. Here is the link to the ongoing discussion on the HH forums. When I get some free time early next week, I am going to try and really dig into this.

I am currently going through finals, actually I should be working on a project at the moment, but am procrastinating.

I don't know if this will help or not, but just make sure that you are "pre-loading" the throw meter... just hold down the button of the base you want to though to as you are charging toward the ball... sometimes it works...

the other thing i run into a lot is that the running coming into second will take out my second baseman and break up the double play.

Or how about the first baseman watching the runner get to first instead of tossing the ball to the pitcher on his way to first? This happens to me more so than any other fielding mistake. He'll pick up the ball and just stand and wait for the pitcher to come to a complete stop at first - which in turn almost always results in a single. argh.

Or how about the first baseman watching the runner get to first instead of tossing the ball to the pitcher on his way to first? This happens to me more so than any other fielding mistake. He'll pick up the ball and just stand and wait for the pitcher to come to a complete stop at first - which in turn almost always results in a single. argh.

That one always makes me laugh though... i mean come on, in real life you it's not like have to wait until the pitcher is at first with his glove out to toss the ball to him? (i hope you can detect the sarcasm..)

Perhaps I'm getting this wrong, but I agree with your statement BEFORE the noted sarcasm. What I'm saying is, the ball can be 15 feet away from first base, but the first baseman will pick up the ball, shift his feet, get a better grip, wait for the pitcher to reach first, turn to the first baseman and throw his glove out before the throw is made. These should be easy outs, and they are almost guaranteed singles. You should be able to toss or flip the ball. And if the pitcher is running to first, you should be able to throw it to him on his jog... I'd rather see errors from throwing it too far in front of the pitcher, than seeing singles because of the lack of a throw, or a throw 5 seconds too late.

I'm mostly angry with this because I've literally lost a perfect game in the 9th inning on this. I wanted to send Derrek Lee back down to AA as a result, even though it's the gaming animations and not the strength of the fielder.

Archived