Lack of Home Runs

rom3

I am playing with Rodkeys datafile 5 at the All-star level. Walks, steals, stats are all great with the exception of home runs. Through 10 games playing with the Cardinals I have only hit 4 home runs with one of those being an inside the park HR (0 HR with Pujols and Edmonds). I know that you press the analog stick in the up direction and you have to have the right timing and swing at a pitch up in the zone. My human power setting is 25. Should I raise :roll: this number for more home runs. I am afraid that if I raise this number to 45-50 then I am going to get unrealistic offensive stats (10 or 12 runs a game). Any advice is appreciated.

This is a real subjective one when playing the games yourself. Its a combination of many factors(power, contact, pitch speed, user batting style/experience, etc).

Im playing an Allstar Dynasty right now and Ive steadily backed the user power slider down to -15 and counting because I am hitting way too many Homeruns. My problem is partially a product of lack of patience at the plate. My batting average was way down so I slowed pitch speed down and upped my contact. Then balls started flying out of the park but my batting average was about where I wanted it. So now its a process of chasing the power number down until it gets to a comfortable point.

All that to say, you will probably have to do some major tuning with the sliders to get them to fit with how you play. I decided to focus on one area and get it right before moving to the next. That way I wasnt seeing conflicting results. Once I got average where I wanted it I moved on to power and now that power is close I will move on to pitch speed and get that challenging but producing realistic numbers.

Not sure how your average and SO numbers are looking, but I bet you will see more HR results from slowing down pitch speed then from upping the power numbers.

I did notice that my home run pace has slowed with RRodkey's latest data file. It is picking up again as I am being more concious about working the count and getting good pitches to drive out, not at all unrealistic.

Archived