rediculous trading block...

RsCamaro8

So I just checked out the trading block in my dynasty and here are just some of the names on the list:

Carlos Delgado (who has already been on 3 teams this season)

Sammy Sosa

Randy Johnson

Luis Gonzalez

..and that's just the top 4... my league will be even crazier if they all are on new teams

so Randy Johnson is now a Pittsburgh Pirate... how crazy is that???

...I'm deceiding if i wan't to use my team in a 3-way deal to send him back to Arizona, but i'm not sure if there's a point to that cause the'll probably put him right back on the block

Is someone working on a franchise editor? Maybe EA should include an option in 2005 where AI to AI trade could require player approval. This way, you could veto any stupid or unbalancing trade that would detract from your enjoyment. It would be a simple feature to include and one that could be enabled or disabled in the option menu.

The caption on the game option menu would read,"CPU trade approval" on/off.

Perhaps this is a feature EA purposely withheld from this years offering.

If one was only going to play for several seasons, one could always turn off CPU trading.

I've noticed this too. I have the latest Total Minors roster, and on the trading block is Bonds, A-Rod, I-Rod, and a bunch of other things. I also notice they put major prospects on the block easily. I took advantage and loaded up my AA and AAA teams with prospects. :D But yeah, they need to improve the cpu AI on trading. I think teams give up too easily and place their superstars on the block. Either that or theres just a randon number thing to decide if they place someone on the block and it just happens too much.

Well, you could turn off Fair Trades and control every trade in the league.

...that's what I did to put Johnson back with Arizona... it would have been one thing if they traded him to a contender, but to the Pirates??? ...although i'm right at the trade deadline and now Roy Halladay has gone to the Royals but yet the Royals now put Carlos Beltran on the block!! I think i'm just going to give up trying to keep superstars where they're at, besides my team as a few players that aren't on the Indians this season either.. oh well...

Archived