Orioles throwbacks

terpinheelland

Very Nice uniforms. What year or years are you attempting to represent? I personally think on some of the throwback uniforms being made the Road pants are too shinning plus a bit of an older style than the style actually used in the specific year they are meant to represent. The baggy smaller looped pants were used in the late 40s through the mid to late 50s but moving into the 60s they were more of the tigher fitting larger loop pants very similar to today's style.

Thanks for the great work - it is sincerely appreciated,

Don

Fantastic. I think you are very close to the 1960-1962 versions. The only differences would be NO strips on the lower part of the sleeve or collar and the stirrups had an addition white then black strip between where your orange meets the white strip currently. Also those same multi colored stirrups were worn on the Road uniform as well.

From 1963-1965 the Home uniform changed a bit as the Orioles on the front of the Jersey wasn't in Orange outlined in Black script any longer and was basically a solid Black blocked standard style lettering format without a Number. Plus the Home version had the strip on the lower part of the sleeve. They also removed the Logo off the sleeve on several versions of the uniform during those periods. The stirrups also changed to solid black as well.

Then in 1966 they basically reverted back to what more closely resembled the uniform in the earlier '60s except for the different styled stirrups worn in those days plus they did have those strips on the lower part of the sleeve but only on the Home versions. They also removed the Logo off the sleeve on most all versions of the uniform during those periods and brought back the Number on the front of both the Home and Road Jerseys,

So I think you have really done well if your intention is to represent the early '60s style. Thanks again for your very nice work.

Don

Archived