Cleveland Indians: The New Look Tribe

basballfanatik9

indianspsd5ua.png

The Cleveland Indians haven't gone to the playoffs since 2001, when they lost to the Seattle Mariners. They have two world series titles and I'm hoping to make it three.

Welcome to Cleveland Indians: The New Look Tribe, presented by basballfanatik9.

I'll be posting stats after everygame, just like a normal newspaper would do.

My Game Settings

Difficulty.: All Star

Datafile.: Kumala's datafile mix 6

Version.: PC with Patch 3

Rosters.: Ultimate Rosters v. 2.35 (I edited some things)

Others.: Strike Zone ON, Hot Cold ON, Pitch Cursor FADE

Hope you like it, I can't wait to get started.

Cleveland Indians Roster

Lineup

1. Coco Crisp.:CF

2. Casey Blake.:LF

3. Victor Martinez.:C

4. Travis Hafner.:1B

5. Juan Gonzalez.:RF

6. Aaron Boone.:3B

7. Ronnie Belliard.:2B

8. Grady Sizemore.: DH

9. Alex Cora.:SS

Bench

1. Jhonny Perelta.:IF

2. Ben Broussard.:1B

3. Ryan Ludwick.:oF

4. Josh Bard.:C

5. Jose Hernandez.:IF

Starting Rotation

1. C.C. Sabathia.:Left Handed Pitcher

2. Kevin Millwood.:Right Handed Pitcher

3. Jake Westbrook.:Right Handed Pitcher

4. Cliff Lee.:Left Handed Pitcher

5. Jason Davis.:Right Handed Pitcher

Bullpen

Scott Elarton.:Long Relief

Arthur Rhodes.:Middle Relief

David Riske.:Middle Relief

Rafael Betancourt.:Setup Man

Bob Howry.:Setup Man

Bob Wickman.:Closer

Indians News

It's Tribe Time

The Cleveland Indians started off their season in Chicago. Great lefty duo in this game, C.C. Sabathia vs. Mark Buehrle. The Indians striked first with a solo blast off the bat of Victor Martinez in the 1st inning. The Indians added three more runs in the game, two runs off a HR by Casey Blake in the 6th, and then a HR from Juan Gonzalez in the 7th. C.C. Sabathia was lights out, striking out seven in eight innings of work, only allowing two runs off of six hits. The White Soxs did have some momentum in the bottom of the ninth scoring two runs off of Sabathia. Manager Eric Wedge turned to the closer Bob Wickman, who successfully completed his job. After the game we spoke with Sabathia "I felt really good today, if I keep going like this, you'll see a 20 game winner." The Indians have high spirits going into game two, hopeful for another victory. Game two's matchup is Kevin Millwood vs. Freddy Garcia.

Box Score

R  H  E

CLE 4  11 0

CWS 2  7  0

untitled1psd7vm.png

Above Left.:C.C. Sabathia is lights out striking out 7 in 8 innings. Above Right.:Jhonny Peralta makes a Gold Glove play.

Cleveland Indians.:1-0

Notable Stats

Player of the game.: Coco Crisp earns his first player of the game this season, Crisp went 3 for 4 with 3 singles, 2 stolen bases, and a run scored. We interviewed Crisp after the game, and he had this to say "Wow, I felt good this game, batting coach Eddie Murray has helped me a lot with my swing during spring training. Lets continue this streak throughout the season."

Cleveland Indians

Coco Crisp.: 3 for 4, 2 SB's, 3 singles, 1 run

HRs.: (1)C. Blake, (1)V. Martinez, (1)J. Gonzalez

RBIs.: (2)C. Blake,2 (1)V. Martinez, (1)J. Gonzalez

Chicago White Sox

Aaron Rowand.: 2 for 4, 2 singles, 1 SB

RBIs.: (1) J. Dye, (1)A.J. Pierzynski

Pitching Stats

W- C.C. Sabathia (1-0)

8.0 IP/6 H/2 R/2 ER/3 BB/7 S0/2.25 ERA

L- Mark Buehrle (0-1)

7.1 IP/9 H/4 R/4 ER/5 SO/3 HR/4.51 ERA

S- Bob Wickman (1)

1.0 IP/1 H/0 ER/0.00 ERA

Indians News

Deja Vu for Tribe

The Cleveland Indians suffered their first lost of the season, losing 8-4 to the Chicago White Sox, at the hands of Chi Sox fireballer Freddy Garcia. Kevin Millwood was destroyed in the first couple innings, he went six innings, allowing five runs on ten hits. Millwood couldn't find his way, it seemed as if the batter knew what pitch was coming. But on a good note, the Indians had four HRs, they went back to back with Hafner and Gonzalez. The White Sox looked alive and well, and when we spoke with Manager Eric Wedge had this to say "We had our a$$es handed to us, Chicago looked like they were playing game 7 of the World Series, Millwood didn't do his job, he stood up there on the mound and looked like my ten year old son playing first year kid pitch." During Millwood's interview a reporter told him about Wedge's comment, and he followed up with this "The Skip is right, I wasn't myself today, hopefully on my next start I can prove myself." Cleveland and Chicago have the series split 1-1, and in game 3 its Jake Westbrook vs. Jon Garland.

Box Score

R  H  E

CLE 4  7  0

CWS 8  16 0

untitled1psd0wy.png

Above Left.:Scott Podsednik robs Aaron Boone of a would be game tieing HR. Above Right.:Frank Thomas laces a double straight up the middle to score a run.

Cleveland Indians.:1-1

Notable Stats

Player of the game

Tadahito Iguchi earns the player of the game. Iguchi went 4 for 5, with 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored. We did not interview Iguchi because his translator is sick, and he doesn't speak well enough english. :lol:

Cleveland Indians

Juan Gonzalez.: 3 for 4, 1 HR, 1 run, 1 rbi

HRs.: (2)C. Blake, (1)T. Hafner, (2)J. Gonzalez, (1)C. Crisp

RBIs.: (3)C. Blake, (1)C. Crisp, (2)J. Gonzalez, (1)T. Hafner

Chicago White Sox

Tadahito Iguchi.: 4 for 5, 2 RBIs, 2 runs scored

Triple.: (1)S. Podsednik

HRs.: (1)A. Rowand, (1)S. Podsednik

RBIs.: (1)S. Podsednik, (2)A.J. Pierzynski, (2)T. Iguchi,2 (1)F. Thomas, (1)P. Konerko, (2)J. Dye, (1)A. Rowand

Pitching Stats

W- Freddy Garcia (1-0)

7 IP/5 H/ 3 R/ 3 ER/ 3 SO/ 3 HR/ 2.86 ERA

L- Kevin Millwood (0-1)

6 IP/10 H/ 5 R/ 4 ER/ 3 SO/2 HR/6.00 ERA

Indians News

No Love for Tribe

The Cleveland Indians bats were silent, they put a giant 0 up on the board. Jon Garland was stellar, going the full nine innings, striking out six batters and only giving up five hits. The Indians couldn't get any momentum going. In the 1st inning Frank Thomas hit a laser beam, that sailed over the leftfield fence, and then in the 6th, Jermaine Dye hit a RBI single down the rightfied line. Westbrook performed okay, but allowed two runs, which key to the lost. We spoke with Westbrook after the game and he said this "I actually felt good tonight, I thought I pitched well, I am a bit upset with the lineup, because I didn't get any run support, hopefully next time they can put some runs up on the board." The Cleveland Indians take on the Detroit Tigers, and in game 1 its Cliff Lee vs. Nate Robertson.

Box Score

R  H  E

CLE 0  5  0

CWS 2  10 0

untitled1psd4gt.png

Above Left.:Coco Crisp throws out Juan Uribe from Centerfield. Above Right.:Frank Thomas hit a laser solo blast in the 1st inning.

Cleveland Indians.:1-2

Notable Stats

Player of the game

Jon Garland is the player of the game. Garland pitched a complete game shutout. He struck out six batters and only allowed five hits.

Cleveland Indians

Victor Martinez.: 2 for 3, 2 singles

SB.: (1)G. Sizemore

Chicago White Sox

Frank Thomas.: 2 for 3, 1 HR, 1 single, 1 run scored, 1 RBI

Double.: (1)A. Rowand

HR.: (1)F. Thomas

RBIs.: (2)F. Thomas, (3)J. Dye

SB.: (1)S. Podsednik

Pitching Stats

W- Jon Garland (1-0)

9 IP/5 H/0 ER/6 SO/0.00 ERA