Indians rebuilding - will they ever win - Dynasty

steroid

Indians sell off players - Are they selling out??

Mark Shapiro, Indians GM spoke this morning in a press conference relating to the fire sale that took place over the winter. Looks like winter will last awhile in C-town. In a statement by Shapiro, he said "What we were looking for were some good deals for the players we did have and try to find those players and develope them as core players". Wait a minute, I thought these were the same Indians that had core players in Pronk, Victor, and Sizemore. He said "We just felt we needed to go in another direction with these guys. Some had just not developed the way we expected them to and we needed to get value for these players".

In a seperate interview done by K. Roda of WKNR 850, Larry Dolen stated he was going to sell the team to a self made Billionaire and local tycoonist, Robert Cook. This surprise move didnt really shock the fans in C-town one bit. Considered one of the most stingiest owners in all of sport, Dolan said he just could not afford to keep the team competitive. The owners will vote tomorrow on the sale and should be passed quickly. The only owner to vote no, may be Steinbrenner. These two Clevelandites dont like each other one bit, and both have been quoted as saying such. This fued goes back to the early 80's when the Indians were for sale and Cook blocked any possible bid for Steinbrenner to purchase the team.

INDIANS NEW SKIPPER NAMED

With the firing of Eric Wedge, Indians manager this morning. The Indians had their guy already lined up. Tommy Atkian, the beloved AA coach was hired to replace Wedge. Wedge was quoted a saying "Im just really upset at the whole situation". "I was never really that good, but we made due with what we were given by the front office".

In a statement by Atkian this afternoon on Rome is Burning, the 52 year old said: "I am really pumped to get going. I know most of the guys on the roster and I know how to deal with the rotation and bullpen". "We are going to play according to the skills of my players". He also said that the team would play NL style baseball if they had to. He feels its the best brand of ball and needs to be brought over to the AL more consistently.

Tommy was the skipper of AA Akron, where he led them to 3 division titles in 4 years and A Jupiter the Florida affiliate where he led them to a division title in his first year. Shapiro said "Hes a winner, he knows how to win and he wins whereever he coaches".

Tommy also stated that "After spring training, we will have a better definitive answer about what kind of players we will have and who will be left on the roster after the sale".

Owners meetings over and votes a go for Cook

Robert Cook has passed the obstacle that has barricaded him from his love, The Cleveland Indians. With a vote of 30-0, The owners gave their consent of the sale to the Billionaire from Cleveland. Cook said "This is the happiest day in my life, except for when I married my second wife", he said in tears as he was asked questions by the media today.

"Today was a big victory for us", Shapiro said. "We finally have an owner who will care about our team and its ability to compete in a division with Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit and KC.

Now with winter just about to show signs of dissapating, the Indians can focus on the road ahead with Spring training and getting the rosters set.

"I feel we have the peices of the puzzle in place to be competitive right from the start", Shapiro said. "We will need to see alot from these young players in the next few months ahead". "We will challenge for the division this year and hopefully by 2007 we should be competing for the pennent".

I think we have heard all this before from Shapiro! !

SPRING TRAINING - WINTERHAVEN AT A GLANCE

Before the team travels north for the season opener, roster had to be set and 25 had to be chosen. Here is the roster for the 2005 version of the Cleveland Indians:

2B - J.J. Bies AAA Buffalo T-100

CF - LeVelle Perry AAA Buffalo T-100

RF - David Elliott AAA Buffalo T-100

3B - Chris Takacs AAA Buffalo

DH/RF- Jody Gerut - traded to Florida for Juan Pierre 4/7/05

LF - Grady Sizemore

C - Domingo DeJesus AAA Buffalo

1B - Jason Philips aqrd. trade with LA

SS - C.J. Johnson AAA

BENCH

SS- Ramon Santiago aqrd. trade with SEA

3B- Joe McEwing aqrd. trade with NY(NL)

C - Todd Kozey AAA Buffalo

PITCHERS

SP- Billy Wells AAA Buffalo

SP- Cory Ramos AAA Buffalo

SP- Alex Ramirez AA Akron

SP- Brandon Contreras AAA Columbus

SP- Denny Neagle FA

LR - Rafael Soriano aqrd. trade with SEA

MR-Arthur Rhodes

MR- DeMaso Marte aqrd. trade with Ch(AL)

MR- Matt Miller

MR- Manny Aybar aqrd. trade with NY(NL)

MR- David Riske

SU- Matt Murphy AA Akron T-100

CL- Frank Marotta AA Akron T-100

Roster leaves fans scratching their heads

With the release of the roster for the season, it has most fans pondering wether or not to even follow this team this year. Fans have flocked to turn in their season tickets by the droves.

Fans were asking Shapiro what is going on?? They were asking "Who are these guys"? "Who in the Hell is J.J. Bies"! ! ! !

Rick in Aurora was quoted as saying "Thats it, Im done!!, I refuse to watch or pay my hard earned money to see this team lose".

New owner - New coach?? Looks like the same old problems on the lakefront. Is trouble brewing in Cleveland?? Can they turn the fans opinion around?? We will see as the team travels to Chicago and Detroit for a 6 game roady. They return home on the 11th of April for their season opener against those same Sox.

Let the season begin

Ok for those of you asking -

here are the settings for this dynasty -

All Star setting ( I am gonna get blasted ) 8O :lol:

pitch curser on always

hot and cold on

patch 3 rosters except for my trades to rake the Indians

blown calls on

variable strike zone on

kumala version 6

bills progression update

Tell you the truth I am scared to death to play this, but I will do what I can to bring home the WS trophy. :lol:

I hope those of you who come along for the ride, will find this dynasty amusing and interesting. I hope I dont dissappoint.

I also apologise for the bogus dynasty I started and quit. This one is a full go. Come with the Unis UMachines, I cant wait for the Tribes version. :p :D

I'm scratching my head as we speak!

Apr4488, I know, me too. I wanted to make this as tough as I could. I renamed a few players to suit me, but I pretty much left everything the same as far as attributes. :lol:

CHISox chopping at the bit to face Tribe

Ozzie Guillen the Sox Skipper said he cant wait to renew this rivalry. "I dont care what choo said about this Cleveland Indians." "We are gonna beat them badly and show these rookies how we play in Chicago."

Thinking that Ozzie maybe just a little confident??

Wells 0-0 versus Buerhle 0-0 both are left handed strike out artists. This should be a great series.

I'm not even an Indians fan and I'm scratching my head - but it's probably because it got sunburnt (I shave my head)! :lol:

Nonetheless, nice dynasty my friend - I'll follow

:lol::lol: Damn sun! ! ! Thanks spivey, great to have you aboard......

Wells K's 10 Takacs Homers - Tribe falls short in 12

If you missed this game you missed one hell of a pitchers duel. Billy Wells, the young lefty phenom K'd 10 in 9 innings walking 2 and still came up short. Buehrle matched him pitch for pitch, K'ing 3 and walking 4.

cle	   3  6  0

chi	   4  9  0	  12in

B.Wells 9 inn.  10K  2BB  3R  7H  3.00 ERA

R.Soriano (0-1) 2.2 inn.  2K  1R 2H  3.38 ERA

M.Buehrle 9 inn. 3K  4BB  5H  3R  3.00 ERA

N.Cotts (1-0) 3inn.  1BB  1H   0.00 ERA

notables

C.Takacs 2-5 HR(1) RBI (2)

C.J. Johnson 2-5 HR (1) RBI (1) K

Konerko 0-5 5K

J.Crede 3-5 2R

J.Uribe 2-5 RBI (2)

After the game words were said by both sides and Konerko lit the fuse. "I felt like I saw the ball well, but I just was off a bit with my swing. I should have blasted that rook 3 or 4 times."

Wells responded "All I can say is look at the score card. I mean really, how can you talk sh** after an 0 for 5 ?? He K'd how many times?? I lost count."

Looks like the fued is heating up.

After a leadoff homerun in the 2nd inning by Johnson, Bies walked and stole second. Takacs singled to left scoring Bies making it 2-0.

Chicago then tied the game in the 5th scoring their 2 by a doubles from Dye and a single by Crede. Uribe singled and that scored Crede.

In the 7th, Takacs homered to left making it 3-2.

In the bottom of the seventh is where Uribe singled and driving in Crede again who singled to lead off the inning. That made it 3-3.

In the bottom of the 12th, Soriano pitching, Thomas singled to right scoring Iguchi who had singled earlier in the inning and that was the way it ended. 4-3

Tomorrows probables: C.Ramos 0-0 vs. F.Garcia 0-0

Tommy's Turn

In Tommy's Turn, fans get to ask questions and get answers about players and the team in general.

Taken from Apr4488's Oaklands A's dynasty, I thought it would be a neat add on addition to spiff up mine too. I hope you dont mind Apr4488??

Coach Tommy Atkian:

Resume-

2000 - Given the single A Jupitor Hammerheads (Florida) head coaching position (40-27) Division title.

2001-2004 Given the reigns to coach AA Akron (Cleveland) 3 division titles in 4 years. ( 71-71 )( 81-61 )( 83-58 )( 90-51 )

2005 - Named head coach of the Cleveland Indians.

Tommy's Turn Q/A

fan: Who are these players?

TA: Can you be more specific?? :?

fan: Who are these players we have?

TA: Im not sure if I can answer that :? :roll:

TA: The players we have are from trades we made in the off season and with our farm system. We had most of these players in place for the better part of the last 3 years.

fan: Why did we trade away our starters?

TA: They just were not doing what was asked of them. They quit performing at the level of which we grew accustom.

fan: These T-100 players? How good are they??

TA: They are gifted hitters and pitchers, but we wont know anything until they get out there and show what they can do for us. Some might make it and some might get demoted.

TA: Thats it for now until next time...........Thanks for your participation

No no, I don't mind at all, I'm actually flattered that people are now using my stuff in their dynasties. I'm so proud of you guys :cry: :)

Thanks bro, its awesome that we can use bits and peices from each others projects. Im trying to make mine a bit funny, so people will stop by and see what Im cracking on next.... :lol: :lol:

Rumors run rampant in C-town

Today in a report out of Cleveland stating "Jodie Gerut is unhappy with the situation and his inability to adapt to the new faces."

He said this morning that he wants a trade and wont accept his role on the club.

Lets go down to the Jake for the press conference:

"Ladies and gentlemen of the press we want to thank you for coming. My name is Arn Tellum and I represent Jodie as a client. We would like to start off this morning by apologising for the lack of a better word Jodies resolve. He has been frustrated over the last few months because of the changes by the Indians front office. He is very upset with the direction of the team and the moves that have been made over the course of the offseason. We feel it would be in his best interest that he be moved to a better situation. We also feel that this will benefit him in the long run."

So thats the story?? Not much of one if you ask me. I think its a selfish move on his part and I also think if thats what he wants, trade him then. We definitely dont need another cry baby. Thats it from the Jake. Looks like we will be hearing alot about this over the coming weeks.

Tribe skipper unfazed about Gerut request -

Tribe skipper Tommy Atkian was quoted today in the Cleveland Plain Dealer as saying "I dont care what he wants! I dont want him bringing down the morale of my players. If he wants out, then thats what we will do. I cant keep an unhappy player in my clubhouse. I care about the players who want to play for me and grind it out together as a team. I like team players and wont settle for anything less. I will not let him nor the fans get my players down. I am the coach and my word is stone".

J.J. Bies, the Tribe 2nd baseman said that he doesnt blame him for feeling that way, but he wished that he (Gerut) would reconsider his options.

Chris Takacs said that "He is such a presence in the locker room. He brings so much to the team. I dont know what happened, or who got to him, but that agent he has is nothing but an a**-h***".

Gerut is in the last year of his deal and is getting an estimated $166,000 for this year. After a major knee operation last year where he missed the last 4 months, do you think he will make the money he wants? He is looking to make an estimated 1.5 million over 3 years and wants to be a major role player. You've got to be kidding me, right??

Tribe gets 5 in the 5th-Route SOX 8-2

The Cleveland Indians and Cory Ramos defeated the White Sox 8-2 to even the three game series at 1-1. Tempers were flaring as bad call after bad call were made in an unseemingly nightmarish first 2 innings. Paul Konerko blasted his first HR in the first and hit his second in the 3rd. That would be all the offence however, for the Sox.

After the game Ramos said "I felt like I had control of my pitches and I was able to throw strikes for most of the game. Paul got me twice, but I was able to get out of some jams."

Thomas after another 0-4 said, I know these guys pitchers are good, but we didnt know how good. I hope we can get one tomorrow off these guys and win the series and get to Minnesota in first place."

Gerut had nothing to say after the game. He is batting .000 0-9 1BB after 2 games.

Tommy Atkian would be ejected in the 4th by the 1B umpire for a blatant blown call as Grady Sizemore was safe and beat the throw easily.

Cleveland then presumed to pound the Sox for 5 in the 5th and 3 in the 9th for the final tally. Chris Takacs went 4-5 with another HR(2) and Elliott blasted his first.

CLE	 8  13   0

CHI	 2   8	0	 9th

C.Ramos  1-0	 7inn.   8H  2R   1BB   5K  2.57

M.Murphy sv(1)	2inn.   0H   0.00ERA  

F.Garcia 0-1  8inn.   10H   5R  1BB   1K  5.63ERA	   

J.Mecir	   1inn  3R   1BB   27.00ERA

notables:

Takacs 4-5 HR 1 (2) RBI 4 (6)

Konerko 2-5 HR 2 (2) RBI 2 (2)

D.Elliott 3-5 3R HR(1) RBI 3 (3)

G.Sizemore 2-4

Tomorrows probables

A.Ramirez 0-0 vs. J.Contreras 0-0

Gerut out - Peirre in

In an almost unexpected move today, The Cleveland Indians moved their disgruntled RF Jodie Gerut and AAA LF Ben Grieve to the Marlins for CF Juan Peirre in a 3 player swap.

After the trade Juan told reporter at the press conference he was very happy about the deal. The Marlins had no interest in resigning him at the end of the season and he wasnt happy about his current situation in Florida. He then went on to sign a 4 year 3.5 million dollar extention.

Gerut, on the other hand wasnt to happy about the trade as he felt he deserved to go to a contender. Im not sure what he is talking about, but last I checked the Marlins were NLE contenders the last few years and won the WS 2 times in the last 8 years. You just cant make some people happy, I guess.. :roll: 8O :lol:

With this move, it is sure to shore up the outfield making it one of the fastest and most defenced in the majors.

Archived