Foul balls

Millennium

Is there anything in the datafile that controls foul balls?

Curious, as the only thing I can find in the roster editor is the 'Miss' ratings, which I believe has to do with solid contact, not completely missing on a swing.

That is the last thing keeping me from correct pitch counts. I have been toying with the chase/take/miss ratings, and if GForce is doing even half of what he says he is (which we have no reason to doubt), then we are in for a treat in terms of tough at bats. But, the only true way to get the 100 pitches in 6-7 innings like a lot of MLB pitchers do is to add to the foul ball %.

I was looking through the tutorial and couldn't find anything to do with foul balls. Am I missing it?

Well, I dropped CPU contact and they are fouling off a good number. My pitch counts are still slightly low but not bad.

Meanwhile, I'm getting great pitch counts from the CPU. Radke threw 115 against me in 6.2 innings in my most recent game.

I have good CPU pitch counts.

I currently have MVP level, CPU contact/power to -50 (needed a constant for messing with the ratings).

I just wish there was a definitive way to increase fouls.

EDIT: Just so everyone knows, I am using Kamasutra's Level 3 datafile as it is.

What tweaks are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

I made the following changes:

-Pitch Speed: 15

-User Pitcher Fatigue: 11

-CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 42

-User Batting Contact: 15

-CPU Batting Contact: -25

-User Batting Power: 28

-CPU Batting Power: -19

I use assisted fielding, so use what you think works best for User Infielder and Outfielder Speed

-CPU Infielder and Outfielder Speed: -22

I play on All-Star with the strike zone and hot/cold zones off, and I bat from view three while pitching from view five (behind the pitcher).

Archived