we are family...a Pittsburgh Pirates dynasty

go_bucs2000

i have finally decided i want to do a dynasty so i picked my pirates i will play every game but i have the old rosters but i will update them for the pirates and do some league news if there are any key signings i might play some games before tuesday but im not sure ill just do my lineup now for all yall to see and have some neat little news articles...sie note will anybody mind if my screens look like this:

lawton9dg.jpg

VS LHP

1.Matt Lawton(RF)

ph_117566.jpg

2.Jack Wilson(SS)

ph_333292.jpg

3.Craig Wilson(RF)

ph_346852.jpg

4.Jason Bay(LF)

ph_424726.jpg

5.Michael Restovich(CF)

ph_282879.jpg

6.Ty Wigginton(3B)

ph_421064.jpg

7.Freddy Sanchez(2B)

ph_408108.jpg

8.Humerto Cota©

ph_276521.jpg

9.PITSCHERS SLOT(P)

(both lineups are subject to change but for opening day this is what they will be)

STARTING ROTAION COMEING NEXT

PITTSBURGH-POST GAZETTE

PIRATES LOOK TO WIN......

by.Ron Cook72x85cook.jpg

Well looks like were ready to start a new Pittsburgh Pirates season as you all know the Pirates have not had a winning season in 11 years. This year Kevin McClathey looks to stop that streak with the acsition of some new players and adding some minor leaguers to the mix but if you were to ask me i think these pirates will be the same old loseing bunch so dont get to excited. Expect them to be dominated the whole season they need to do strong trades and get a new owner for sure so we will see what happens but expect loseing season 12 comeing soon.

Pretty sharp man, I'll follow...And as far as the pics go, throw 'em in there. I think they look fine.

-CBK

thank you comeback hope to get a game in tonight or tommrow some time but ill do some small articles till i get there , and thanks everyone else for checkin in

SPORTING NEWS AMERICA

PROJECTED MLB STANDINGS

AL EAST

1.New York Yankees(102-60)

2.Boston Red Sox (98-64)

3.Balitomre Orioles(82-80)

4.Toranto Blue Jays(75-87)

5.Tampa Bay Devil Rays(65-97)

AL CENTRAL

1.Minnesota Twins(90-72)

2.Cleveland Indians(82-80)

3.Chicago White Sox(77-85)

4.Detroit Tigers(75-87)

5.Kansas City Royals(68-94)

AL WEST

1.Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (91-71)

2.Oakland Athletics(86-76)

3.Texas Rangers(84-78)

4.Seattle Mariners(75-87)

NL EAST

1.Florida Marlins(92-70)

2.Atlanta Braves(90-72)

3.Philadelphia Phillies(85-77)

4.New York Mets(79-83)

5.Washington Nationals(66-96)

AL CENTRAL

1.St. Louis Cardinals(95-67)

2.Chicago Cubs(88-74)

3.Houston Astros(75-87)

4.Milwaukee Brewers(75-87)

5.Cincinnati Reds(71-91)

6.Pittsburgh Pirates(64-98)

NL WEST

1.San Francisco Giants(90-72)

2.San Diego Padres(87-75)

3.Los Angeles Dodgers(82-80)

4.Arizona Diamondbacks(73-89)

5.Colorado Rockies(66-96)

Well Ron, i believe you should shave your beard. OK! It's true. The pirates do not need a new owner... they just need you too shave your beard. Come on G, that freakin beard ius holding us bucko's down. You have at least had that for 12 years. You never found it ironic!?!?!? You are holding them back from glory because of ur facial hair. How does that feel? Your beard is messing up the atmosphere. Have you ever wondered why the pirates are known for " warning track power"? Yeah thanks Ron. If i was David Littlefield I'd trade you to Chicago... like we do with all of the overpaid talent we used to have.

Well Ron, i believe you should shave your beard. OK! It's true. The pirates do not need a new owner... they just need you too shave your beard. Come on G, that freakin beard ius holding us bucko's down. You have at least had that for 12 years. You never found it ironic!?!?!? You are holding them back from glory because of ur facial hair. How does that feel? Your beard is messing up the atmosphere. Have you ever wondered why the pirates are known for " warning track power"? Yeah thanks Ron. If i was David Littlefield I'd trade you to Chicago... like we do with all of the overpaid talent we used

very well said very well said :lmao: :lmao:

PITTSBURGH-POST GAZETTE

PNC PARK AT ONLY 5 YEARS OLD PLANED TO BE DEMOLISHED!

by.Bob Smizik72x85smizik.jpg

yes you read my headline correct buetiful PNC Park is planned to be demolished by orders from Pirates owner Kevin McClatchy. He is quoted as saying"Well PNC Park is a beautiful place but do you see the pirates winning and we never ever sellout so i've decided the pirates must start off fresh for the 2005 season." well this columnist thinks that this will be the worst move since this was annouched at such short notice the pirates will build a small 20,000 yes you read right 20,000 stadium. This by far will be the worst stadium in the majors and McClatchy sure does not know how to run a MLB team.

PNC_Park3.jpg

(beatiful PNC Park is planned to be demolished next tuesday)

2 GAME SERIES VS THE BREWERS

@MCCLATCHY FIELD

PITSBURGH PIRATES(0-0) VS MILWALKEE BREWERS(0-0)

PIRATES GET SUNK...

oliver4jg.jpgcastillo8pz.jpg

(left,Oliver Perez strikes out Lyle Overbay in the 1st one of his 4 srikeouts;right,Jose Castillo makes a diving stop in the 8th one of the Pirates few good plays)

Well the first game at McClatchy field was just like the first game at PNC Park a loss for the buccos. The game stayed close at a 1-0 brewers lead untill the 9th when the pirates choked under the preasure. The whole game Sheets was cruzzing strikeing out Pirate after Pirate.

The first run of the game was scored in the 5th while Carlos Lee was on 2nd and Lyle Overbay pooped up to Jason Bay but he muffled the ball and Lee scored on the play. Then in the top of the 9th with 2 outs Wes overmuller hits a routine grounder to Jose Castillo and he throws it away from craig wilson and Bobby Hall then goes on to hit a 2 RBI double and then Ben Sheets got a hit up the middle to score Hall. The only pirate run was scored of a blast by Rob Mackowiack. That was just not enough for the bucs.

As you can see the first game the Pirates just choked under the presure so just hope this isn't a constant thing. The final game will be played tommrow at 7:05 so lets hope the pirates can split the series.

PIRATE CHATER

VOGELSONG: the deffense just lapsed today for so we lost one that shoulda went to extras

MCLENDON: we just didnt play small ball today and lost for that reason so we will have to do better to win tomrrow and play some better deffense

PIRATES KEY STATS

R.Mackowiack:1 for 4- 1HR-.250 AVG

H. Cota:1 for 2-BB- .500 AVG

PIRATES PITCHERS

Oliver Perez:6 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 4 SO, 1.5 ERA

Ryan Vogelsong: 2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 0.00 ERA

John Van Benschosen: 1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0.00 ERA

BOX

MIL- 4 R 12 H 1 E

PIT- 1 R 5 H 2 E

Jason Bay is the greatest Canadian born baseball player to ever play the game of baseball. See that Larry Walker. Yes you Larry Walker. Im calling you out. You have had more wives in the past 5 years then you have had home runs. You went to play for the cardinals because your greedy and you want money and want to win. Yes nearly everyone in the world would take that but you seriously have no right to ever be considerd to be a hall of famer. You can hit in colorado. Not surprised. I could hit in colorado and im not even 5'8"... yet. Retire. Bay took your spot as " Mr. Canadian Baseball". Face it, give the man some props unlike the fools on sports center! :mad:

2 GAME SERIES VS THE BREWERS

GAME 2:PITTSBURGH PIRATES(0-1) VS MILWALKEE BREWERS(1-0)

PIRATES SWEPT UNDER THE RUG

cotahomer5vj.jpgbayrobs8yq.jpg

(left,Humberto Cota homers to left in the 5th; right, Bay robs Damian Miller of a homer in the 5th)

The Pirates came into todays game looking to pick up their first win, but the brewers were going to try their hardest to make sure that wasn't going to happen. The game started out good for the Pirates sending the Brewers down 1-2-3, but the pirates did the same thing going down 1-2-3 in the bottom of the 1st.

So in the top of the 2nd Carlos Lee doubled to deep right and then lyle overbay singled moveingLee over to 3rd. Russel Branyon then steps in and hits a deep sac fly to Michael Restovich scoring Lee to make the brewers go up 1-0. The next run did not come until BIll Hall homerd in the top of the 5th, but Cota then stepped in the bottom of the 5th and homered to left to make the score 2-1.

In the top of the 6th Carlos Lee steped in adn hit a huge shot to left for his first homerun of the year to put the brewers up 3-1. The final blow came in the 9th when Braddy Clark homered to deep right to just put the game out of reach for the pirates in the 9th.

Tommrow the Pirates will head to San Diego to take on the Padres for a 4 game series hopeing to get their first win of the year.

R H E

MIL 4 9 0

PIT 1 5 0

PIRATES CHATTER

MCLENDON:I thought we could pick up are first win today but we will have to wait till tommrow to try and win a game

WELLS:I got no run support today, so if we want to win we need to get better offensive production

PIRATES NOTABLES

HITTING

Humberto Cota:2-3, 1HR, .600 AVG

PITCHING

KIP WELLS:5IP, 5H, 2R, 1 SO, 3.60 ERA

MIKE GONZALEZ:2IP, 1H, 1R, 4.50 ERA

JOHN VAN BENSCHOCEN:1 IP, 0H, 0R, 0.00 ERA

SALAMON TORRES: 1 IP, 1H, 1ER, 9.00 ERA

PLAYER OF THE GAME

14765_thumb.jpg

DOUG DAVIS:6 IP, 5H, 1R, 5SO, 1.50 ERA

NEXT SERIES

4 GAME SERIES VS. THE PADRES

JOSH FOGG(0-0)

ph_150319.jpg

@

BRIAN LAWRENCE(0-0)

ph_400147.jpg

MLB.COM NEWS

The St. Louis Cardinals sign Magglio Ordonez to a 2 year deal

The Colorado Rockies sign Roberto Alomar to a 1 year deal

PITTSBURGH-POST GAZETTE

4 GAME SERIES VS. THE PADRES

@PETCO PARK

GAME 1:PITTSBURGH PIRATES(0-2) @ SAN DIEGO PADRES(2-0)

LATE HOMERS HELP PADRES...

dive1es.jpgjackwilson4cz.jpg

(LEFT,Craig wilson makes a diveing stop in the 2nd; RIGHT, Jack Wilson homers to left in the 6th inning)

The Pirates spirts entering this game were not high at all loseing the 2 previous games but still wanted to turn it around. Josh Fogg came into the game hopeing to have a fine pitching performance and not let up many runs. That was the story....for most of the game.

The Pirates started by scoreing the first run of the game from a solo shot by Ty Wigginton.. The Padres then tied it up in the 4th off a monster blast by Mark Loreta. Looking to take the lead in the 6th jack and craig wilson both hit solo homers of theeir own to give the Pirates a 3-1 lead. Then in the 7th the Padres just started to rock josh fogg first with a 2 run blast by Ramon Hernandez followed by a solo shot by Sean Burroughs.

After that the door was shut by trevor hoffman and the Pirates were deat meat again. The Pirates must now wait another day to get their first win but the bats are starting to heat up so that may be a good sign but we will wait and see.

R  H  E

PIT 3  6  0

SD  4  7  0 

WP:Blaine Neal(2-0) LP:Josh Fogg(0-1) S: Trevor Hoffman(1)

PIRATES NOTEABLE

HITTING

Jack Wilson-1/4,1HR, .167 AVG

Craig Wilson-1/4,1HR, .091 AVG

Ty Wigginton-1/3, 1HR, .200AVG

PITCHING

Josh Fogg-7IP, 7H, 4R, 0 SO, 5.14 ERA

John Van Benschoten-1IP, 0H, 0R, 0.00 ERA

PLAYER OF THE GAME

6WyxWnsi.jpg

Ramon Hernandez-1/3,1HR, 2RBI, .364 AVG

TOMMROWS GAME

GAME 2

Mark Redman(0-0)

ph_150230.jpg

@

Adam Eaton(0-0)

ph_284566.jpg

PITTSBURGH-POST GAZETTE

4GAME SERIES VS. THE PADRES

@PETCO PARK

GAME 2: PITTSBURGH PIRATES(0-3) @ SAN DIEGO PADRES(3-0)

DOWN AND OUT...

strech8yg.jpgbayhomer9ne.jpg

(LEFT.Wilson makes a nice catch to get Burroughs out; RIGHT, Bay celebrates at home plate after his homerun)

Well as you expected the Pirates could not shut the door again on the Padres. They scored the runs but the pitching just could not calm down and keep the padres off the bored.

Almost ever run today from both teams came off of homeruns. The Pirates got three homeruns off the bats of Craig wilson hitting his second on the year,Rob mackowiack also hitting his second blast and Jason Bay finally getting a homerun. The padres got 5 runs off of a sac fly in the 5th by Ryan Klesko and he also homered in todays game too. The other Padres homers came from Ramon Hernandez and Phil Nevin.

As you can tell so far the Pirates are off to a horrible start and need to turn around fast if they want to contend in the highly competative NL central. So lets see tommrow if the Piratte can hold off the powerfull Padres.

R  H  E

PIT 3  4  0

SD  5  10 0

WP:Adam Eaton(1-0) LP:Ryan Vogelsong(0-1) S:Trevor Hoffman(2)

PIRATES CHATTER

VOGELSONG:The bullpen just is not pitching to it's potential and if we want to win we all have to do better

JASON BAY:The bats are starting to come alive i hope we can score enough runs to win next game

PIRATES NOTABLES

HITTING

Craig Wilson-1/4, 1HR(2), .133 AVG

Jason Bay-1/4, 1HR(1), .125 AVG

Rob Mackowiack-1/3, 1HR(2), .167AVG

PITCHING

Mark Redman-4IP, 4H, 1R, 2 SO, 2.25 ERA

Ryan Vogelsong-2IP, 3H, 2R, 4.50 ERA

Mike Gonzalez-aIP, 1H, 1R, 6.00 ERA

John Van Benschoten-1IP, 2H, 1R, 2.25 ERA

PLAYER OF THE GAME

4765.jpg