.dat files

themewin

I used MVPEdit to change some of the things in Ultimate Rosters2.35 and when I exported the files I got a bunch of dat files. Only thing now is to put the dat files on my xbox. Only thing is that I don't know where to put them and I would like to know if it is even possible to put dat files on the xbox.

I followed these instructions:

you need to copy the database.big off your xbox disk on to your computer, then put it in the same folder as gfxpak.exe, then go to notepad and make an autoexec.bat (easiest way), in notepad type this, gfxpak -u database.big save as unpackautoexec.bat, put that in the same folder, then just double click the autoexec.bat and the .dats will be unpacked in that folder, then open mvpedit, select import, find the folder where you extracted the .dats and click ok, mvpedit will then load the .dats it needs, it takes a few seconds, after you finish your rosters select export and put them in the folder where you have eazip.exe (after you get it,lol) then make another autoexec.bat in notepad, you'll need to type this "eazip -c manager.dat pitcher.dat roster.dat attrib.dat lhattrib.dat org.dat rhattrib.dat team.dat", without the quotation marks, put in the folder with eazip and the .dats, double click the autoexec and then the .dats are compressed, then you need to cut and paste those .dats back into your gfxpak folder (delete the ones that you had previously extracted), now you'll need another autoexec.bat, you'll want this one to say "gfxpak -p -real database.big manager.dat pitcher.dat roster.dat attrib.dat lhattrib.dat org.dat rhattrib.dat team.dat" name this one packautoexec.bat, put it in your gfxpak folder, also make sure you have your database.big in there, double click it and now your data base.big will contain your new roster ready for you to transfer back to your xbox hd overwriting the one thats already on there.

Only thing is, that when I go to start the game, the loading goes about half way and then stops. I checked the original .mbe roster file for errors and found that the single A Tampa Yankees had 2 line-up errors, both with the NL. The same error also happened with the AA Trenton Thunder, again with NL. I have a feeling that that might be the reason why the game isn't starting but I don't know how to change the line ups. There is only 8 spots in the line-ups in mvpedit but I only have the error with those 2 teams but all the teams line-up vs. NL looks the same.

Sorry to triple post but I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out in anyway. I'm going to ask if someone could possibly make the database.big if I give them my files. I know that most likely no-one cares or don't know how to but I guess it was worth a try seeing how everytime I do it, the game freezes. If someone would be so nice to do it, just leave an AIM name if you have one.(mine is Redsox52545)

Once again sorry about the numerous posts....I don't want to be considered a spammer when I'm only looking for help...

Archived