Jpup's Safeco Field WIP

jpup

Hey guys, just want to let you all know that I have chosen to start on the night version of Safeco Field. I am sick of looking at Great American Ballpark right now, so, I have decided to do the night version of Safeco Field. I will go back and work on GABP Night when I get Safeco up. In the meantime I will fix a few things with my version 1 of GABP day.

So, the moral of the story is that I will be working on Safeco Field Night Version. I really need someone to send me some good pictures from this season. If you have any, please let me know.

I have now ran into the problem of getting my mstadium.o to open in Oedit. I keep getting an error message. If someone could help me out, I would appreciate it. "File contains unsupported sections"

heyman u need to grab the ord2o for mvp2003 not the regular o2ord. at the site where u dloaded oedit from look around there and grab the ord2o specifically for mvp. any other versions will give u the error message

thanks again, that did the trick

Work on getting the scoreboard/bigscreen in the right places and I'll see if I can get some pictures. I'm pretty sure the M's are coming back to town in a day or two so I'll see about going to a game.

Edit: Just checked the schedule, they're back in town today (the 31st) and are here for about 2 weeks to play 12 games. What I need to know is if you would need really high quality pictures since my camera kinda sucks. I'm not sure if you plan on copying ad images from pictures into the stadium or if you just need to know what is where.. let me know.

Work on getting the scoreboard/bigscreen in the right places and I'll see if I can get some pictures. I'm pretty sure the M's are coming back to town in a day or two so I'll see about going to a game.

Edit: Just checked the schedule, they're back in town today (the 31st) and are here for about 2 weeks to play 12 games. What I need to know is if you would need really high quality pictures since my camera kinda sucks. I'm not sure if you plan on copying ad images from pictures into the stadium or if you just need to know what is where.. let me know.

They don't have to be real high quality, but it would be nice. I just need pictures of all of them from close up and from a distance, so that I can see what they look like and their exact location. I create all of my own ads so I don't really care about them being real high quality. If you are going, take pictures of everything in the stadium, every single ad, everything. If you can get some high quality of the scoreboards and the safeco signs it would be helpful. I'll take whatever you can get me.

When I say take pictures of everything, I mean take pictures of everything. I have over 150 of Great American and I still don't have everything. You don't have to take that many, but you get my point.

btw, the scoreboard shouldn't be a problem. That is the least of my worries actually.

I'll see what I can do.. I think I'll probably have to go buy another memory card for my camera since I can only take about 25-30 pictures at the highest quality setting with this 32mb card. It should be fairly easy to get pictures of everything in the stadium, I'll just get to a game when the gates open so I'll have a couple hours to take pictures. One thing I was wondering is would pictures of the downtown skyline be useful, or is it even possible to take a picture and replace the current skyline in the game?

I'll see what I can do.. I think I'll probably have to go buy another memory card for my camera since I can only take about 25-30 pictures at the highest quality setting with this 32mb card. It should be fairly easy to get pictures of everything in the stadium, I'll just get to a game when the gates open so I'll have a couple hours to take pictures. One thing I was wondering is would pictures of the downtown skyline be useful, or is it even possible to take a picture and replace the current skyline in the game?

that would help too. try to get some shots of the seahawks stadium from inside safeco. i need to put that in the background as well. remember, try to get staight ahead shots. i would recommend getting a 128 card. that will give you plenty of room. when are you going?

I'll try to go on Friday since tomorrow isn't really gonna work, I have class Wednesday evening, and theres no game Thursday. I figure a shot of the skyline from the top of the 300 level above first base would be good, but I'll also get it from different viewpoints as well. I'm really hoping the roof isn't closed but the weather forecast says sunny and 72 degrees on Friday so I should luck out. If the roof was closed I wouldn't be able to get a good shot of anything outside the stadium due to the roof supports blocking things out. Its looking like Friday is the optimal day, its supposed to rain tomorrow and again starting Saturday afternoon. I'll keep you updated on if I'm able to go or not.

I'll try to go on Friday since tomorrow isn't really gonna work, I have class Wednesday evening, and theres no game Thursday. I figure a shot of the skyline from the top of the 300 level above first base would be good, but I'll also get it from different viewpoints as well. I'm really hoping the roof isn't closed but the weather forecast says sunny and 72 degrees on Friday so I should luck out. If the roof was closed I wouldn't be able to get a good shot of anything outside the stadium due to the roof supports blocking things out. Its looking like Friday is the optimal day, its supposed to rain tomorrow and again starting Saturday afternoon. I'll keep you updated on if I'm able to go or not.
+

great...thanks for the help.

Just for an update, I went and got a 256mb memory stick on Wednesday, and I'm probably going to buy tickets today for Friday's game. Everything is a go right now.

great news man, make sure you've got plenty of batteries :D

jpup, the Mariners should be on national TV a couple of times this weekend, giving you a look at Safeco. I don't know if they'll broadcast it in your area, but the M's are one of Fox's Saturday games. And they are also ESPN's Sunday night game. Hope this helps!

great news man, make sure you've got plenty of batteries :D

yeah i have some rechargeable batteries that last a long time so i'm good to go there. got some tickets today, i'll probably have the pictures ready by about midnight PST tomorrow if you'll be awake.

Back from the game.. got 53 pictures. The whole time before the game I was fighting the horrendous glare that happens on partly cloudy days around here. Some of the pictures turned out better than expected, and some are practically useless. I think the camera only has 2x zoom so I wasn't able to get closeups of a lot of things. Of course the mariners lost (what else is new :roll:). Just let me know where to send the pictures, it weighs in at about 39mb so it's not really possible to email them.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived