Guys help me w/ Rosters !!

miked

I've d/l bats, dat files, reconfig control pad but for the life of me i cannot get Big mike's / Kerm's roster files to work. i zip it to the data file and it seems to overwrite but when i go into the game to roster manage and load rosters it tells me " no rosters found on hard disk" what the hell i'm i doing wrong ! Do i need MVP Edit in the directory to do this ? Just got the game the other day because of the great work you guys are doing!

Fom the readme it says zip to mvp/data ! :banghead:

Pls help !

Which roster are you using Kerms or BigM1kes? They each have a different update method.

Kerms:

You simply drag his .dat files to:

C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2004data

You may want to back up the files before you do this. With this method, you do not have to load the save files, just check a few of the more major changes, i.e. Bonds stats, to see if the roster update worked.

BigM1kes:

You must extract his save file to:

"%userprofile%My DocumentsMVP Baseball 2004"

With this one you do have to load the save file, it'll only recognize it if you have them in your My DocumentsMVP folder though. Before you do a dynasty with BigM1kes, make sure that you load the rosters and then select No for "Default Rosters."

Five,

Thx for responding - With kerm's ,i zip the file to my desktop which created a folder . I then unzip it and overwrote the dat files even though it would'nt let me load roster when i looked at the mets -cedeno was still there ! Do you think i should take each ind. dat file and drag it to the data file?

Five , another question - When i d/l renegade's shea stadium and zip it to the data file like his readme said and then play a day game it 'not there ! Any ideas or steps i'm missing ?

sorry for q's man ! I'm so frustrated !

I am not entirely following your extraction routine.

First extract his file to your desktop or anywhere.

In this directory will be two files:

ReadMe.txt

Kerm's Default Roster.zip

Second extract Kerm's Default Roster.zip

In this directory will be eighteen files:

attrib.dat

bstats.dat

career.dat

careerp.dat

fbstats.dat

lhattrib.dat

lhbstats.dat

lhpstats.dat

manager.dat

org.dat

pitcher.dat

pstats.dat

rhattrib.dat

rhbstats.dat

rhpstats.dat

roster.dat

team.dat

tstat.dat

So while this folder is open, go to:

%programfiles%EA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2004data

Copy all of the files from Kerm's Default Roster.zip (18 in all) to the data folder.

That's all there is to it.

I made a quick batch file, that'll help you out. Grab it from here. Download it to the directory where the 18 .dat files are.

Just double click it and it'll copy the .dat files to the right directory.

NOTE: This batch file will only work if you installed the game to Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2004.

five,

Thx for everything- i got big mike'd rosters to work and i will try kerm's also ! I guess i was'nt reading the readme as close as i thought i was !

Do you know what step i'm missing for renegade's shea stadium ? i unzip his shea. day big to mvp/data and overwrite which i pretty sure it did but when i go to play a day game at shea - no stadium !

thx for all your help at least i got big mike's to work !

Yor Astros look good this year esp. with andy/ clemens ! i know steinbrenner right now is regretting letting andy go !

five,

Yor Astros look good this year esp. with andy/ clemens ! i know steinbrenner right now is regretting letting andy go !

Yeah, I am excited about them.

I haven't had a chance to look at the shea stadium thing. I'll have to look at it when I get back in a few hours.

Do you know what step i'm missing for renegade's shea stadium ? i unzip his shea. day big to mvp/data and overwrite which i pretty sure it did but when i go to play a day game at shea - no stadium !

There is no stadium at all? Or it isn't the updated stadium?

According to the readme, all you have to do is extract it to:

%programfiles%EA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2004datastadium

You may want to backup sheaday.big before you overwrite it. I am not sure what you are doing wrong. You don't unzip this to mvpdata you unzip it to mvpdatastadium, that could be what you're doing wrong.

five,

thx for all your help today! but this i'm positive :? i did right ! the one file i extract -sheaday.big in mvp/data/stadiums and when i go to play a day game at shea ! no update !! it does'nt look like i'm missing a file ! it only shows one file .

do i need something else in that directory ?

being a met fan LOL hard to admit- his update looks great and i can't get it. :banghead:

snepp,

thx for the heads-up ! no i'm on 16 bit and i pretty sure i'm low textures! did'nt realize that could be the problem .Low end system (well video card is intergrated) wll go in and change and see if that's it ! :?

Archived