My First No-No

jpup

I just finally threw my first no-hitter in MVP Baseball 2004. Here is the line:

Pirates 0 0 1

Reds 3 5 0

Todd Van Poppel (W,1-0)

Ryan Vogelsong (L, 0-1)

Todd Van Poppel 9 IP O H 0 R 0 ER 2BB 7 K

I walked Jason Kendall in one of the middle innings on a 3-2 changeup that missed away. He is hard to strikeout for me for some reason. I then sailed through the rest of the game until I got to Tike Redman with 2 outs in the 9th.

I knew this was it and I actually was really nervous because Van Poppel was about to die, I think his stamina was about 40% or so. I turned up the speaker volume and threw 3 straight balls to Redman. I knew I had to pitch to him with the better part of the order on their way to the plate. I went at him and got 2 strikes with a 4 seamer down and on the outside corner and a slider low and on the inside corner. I went for the K with a high and away changeup but it missed pretty bad away. So, I walk him with 2 outs in the ninth. So to this point only 2 runners had reached base. The next guy comes to the plate, which was their #2 hitter, I can't remember for sure who it was, maybe Wilson. I figured that Redman would try to steal since he does about every time he reaches base. With 1 ball and 1 strike on the hitter, Redman takes off for second as the next pitch is heading towards the plate. Larue let's it fly towards second with a perfect throw and Larkin lays down the tag. Todd Van Poppel has thrown no hitter.

Duane Kiper "Van Poppel completes the no-no"

Mike Krukow "Hitters are bigger, ballparks are smaller. That's something we'll remember forever."

So, my first no-hitter in MVP Baseball 2004 is with Todd Van Poppel on a sunny April day at the Great American BallPark. Who would have guessed it.

All-Star level, Dynasty Mode with Roddata 4 and my sliders

Trues Batting Cam

Chuk's BTP Cam

Total Minors V2 roster

I did change Van Poppel stamina to 76 and made him a starting pitcher before I started my dynasty.

Well, it's probably no big deal, but it is to me since it's my first. Just thought I would share.

Good job dude :D I have yet to do that.But today i was throwing a perfect game with Roy Haladay but i was getting really pissed off though cause i only got one strike out and that was the first batter of the game.

They just kept on hitting my balls that where way out of the zone but the were all routine pops and grounders it still pissed me off though that i couldnt get a strike so im like f***!So i pressed the window key too exit out of the whole game.I was perfect threw 7 but couldnt stand the fact that i couldnt throw get a k :banghead:

I've thrown 4 no hitters, but only one being perfect, with my created player, pitched CG, 18 K's, i almost made it 2 perfect game's unfortunatly, A.J. Burnett got a no hitter, 9th inning, 2 outs, batter belts a line drive to third, i throw to third pitch to high, and rules error :( (at least it was still a no hitter :D )

Archived