Bunt singles

hellblazer_

Is it possible to bunt for a hit? If you do it often, will the infield play in? I'm curious since learning about Alex Sanchez's sucess this year. He has 20 bunt singles so far into 1/3 of a season. The record is 42 by Bret Butler in 1992.

they are really hard to do...i've maybe had 5-10 work for me in maybe 150 games or more. When i get a bunt single the pitcher needs to field the ball half way between home and third and the ball needs to be right next to the foul line. i think it's pretty hard, but i don't try to do it very often

There are a few things to look out for. If you have an exceptional bunter the third basemen will be in on the grass - you will have to make a perfect bunt to beat it out.

If you have a runner at second, just send him (make him steal) that way the 3rd basemen MUST cover third, leaving the pitcher to field the ball. It makes it easier to get a bunt for a hit.

I found it easy to bunt for a hit....as long as your hitter is: left handed, an average bunter or better, and has good speed. I had two bunt singles with Roberto Alomar in a series against the St. Louis Cardinals.

I disagree In my dynasty furcal has about 72 hits and about 50 are bunt base hits all you have to do is hold up and left as if you was going to pull the ball for a homerun but dont swing just hit the bunt button and it will lay down a perfect bunt.

Archived