pro difficulty

poploser73

I began my Tigers Dynasty on Pro when the game came out and have gone to a 42-14 record. My Dyansty began dead on with the way the Tiger's season really started so I was thinking that Pro might be pretty realistic (minus some little things). But after going through a few 10-15 game win streaks and blowing teams out all the time it loses it's luster. Pro appears to be "realistic" at the beginning because the team chemistry is low but now that my chemistry is high and manager's grade is at A I just win all the time. Has anyone played a Dynasty through Pro Level that have not had 15 game win streaks? I am thinking of starting over using Kamasutra's Level 3 tweaks/sliders now since I have had a few great games testing them out.

ben

oh yeah... Pudge is on course for 163 HR's in my default Pro Dynasty!

The real meat of my question is: is it even worth to play a Dynasty on Pro level? I am tempted to finish out my first year of the dynasty to see how inflated the stats will be! :D I always like to start a new game with the defaults to see if it is realistic but of course that never happens. Hell, I went undefeated with the Detroit Lions and won the Super Bowl in NFL 2K3 with default settings :) Only way the Lions are ever making the Super Bowl at this rate!

I just want to say though, this boards have been an excellent source of information and I am incredibly happy that the modders didn't disappear with High Heat and still make this game so good!

well to answer your question... there is nothing wrong with restarting your dynasty on all-star, i know many people have managed to master pro and want the extra challenge... and it is a much bigger challenge for 2 main reasons...

much harder to make contact when batting...

cpu batters will hit you all over the place if you throw over 50% of your pitches in the strike zone

go into all-star and use the sliders from this site:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/mv...004_sliders.txt

and play some exhibitions and see how you like it..

as you go im sure you will tweak a lot fo the sliders slightly, i did, but i kept the main framework, probably changed everything by 3 or 4 as i saw stuff happen in exhibitions...

once you got it good then you will have a really good challenge...

i just started my marlins dynasty and am 3-6... but won my last 2 against the expos with some nice hitting including a 13 innings victory where my bullpen let them back in then pierre hit a huge 3 RBI triple :mrgreen:

you could also simply continue your dynasty just move up to allstar, your current record will give you some margin for error to learn the learning curve and you will have a good shot at a playoff run

yea... and worst comes to worst... even if you have a fairly sweat free charge to division title... you then have the playoffs to look forward to

and thats when the fun starts :)

Good Luck

(ps: i have cpu batting contact at -30 so that batters take more strikes... but the batters have a memory, if you try and get ahead 0-1 in the count every AB then they will swing at every first pitch... i try and throw a ball with every first pitch to a batter for the first 2 innings as a rule, it makes them take strikes later on, to make up for contact so low i have batting power around 10... so its still dangerous if they make contact)

erm... not too sure, poons latest version or something like that...

im fairly new to baseball to precise rosters and in particular, AA and AAA rosters would be wasted on me, i just got the fuirst set with a good rating i saw on the downloads section of this site, and so far i cant complain :)

even if there were glaring mistakes with them i wouldnt notice heh

Archived