Question re: MVPedit

tks

I have not worked with MVPedit for a couple of weeks and in the meantime I downloaded the "Classic Teams" mod.

Now when I use MVPedit and import the "poons.mbe" file from the MVP2004/data folder, I get the Classic team roster, which now has become the default roster....I still have the normal 2004 roster saved since I sometimes rotate between playing with the "regular" team rosters and the "classic" team roster.

Sooo....Question is....

How can I get MVPedit to also recognize the regular roster as well as the classic team roster?

I must be overlooking some step that allows MVPedit to import the "regular" roster which is still in the MVP2004 directory as well as in my Dynasty.

I have not worked with MVPedit for a couple of weeks and in the meantime I downloaded the "Classic Teams" mod.

Now when I use MVPedit and import the "poons.mbe" file from the MVP2004/data folder, I get the Classic team roster, which now has become the default roster....I still have the normal 2004 roster saved since I sometimes rotate between playing with the "regular" team rosters and the "classic" team roster.

Sooo....Question is....

How can I get MVPedit to also recognize the regular roster as well as the classic team roster?

I must be overlooking some step that allows MVPedit to import the "regular" roster which is still in the MVP2004 directory as well as in my Dynasty.

not understanding what you are saying. think that you should export instead of import. be more specific, you question is a little confusing.

not understanding what you are saying. think that you should export instead of import. be more specific, you question is a little confusing.

Not explaining myself very well I'm afraid, so I understand your confusion.

The roster I use in MVP2004 is Poon's (year 2004) roster file. I use this roster for "exhibitions" as well as for my Dynasty.

When I used MVPedit, I would import the "Poon.mbe" from my main directory/data folder and all players/organizations were imported into MVPedit for editing.

A few weeks ago, I downloaded the "Classics roster" which, when loaded into the game, automatically became the "default" roster in my MVP 2004 directory.

Now, when I import the "Poon.mbe" file to do some editing, I can only get the "Classics Roster" players/teams, even though I still have the original Poon's file (year 2004) in my game and still use it for my Dynasty and non-Dynasty game playing.

So both rosters (Classics and Poon's 2004) are available for me to use in the game.....but when I import the required Poon.mbe file from my data directory into the MVPedit program, it only has the "Classic" players" shown and I am unable to import the original Poon 2004 roster.

I now do not know how to import the original players/teams in the Poon 2004 file into MVPedit, since the only ".mbe" file (required in order to use with MVPedit) is listed in the data directory as "Poon.mbe" and that only imports the "Classic roster" not Poon's original current roster file.

Simply stated, originally I could import Poon's current roster into MVPedit but now after adding the "Classics roster" to my game, that is the only roster I see after importing "poon.mbe" to MVPedit.

Soooo....How am I able to once again import my current roster Dynasty teams/players into MVPedit??

Hope this explanation is not making everything even more confusing.... :?

tks,

I think I understand your problem. An mbe file is an MVPEdit file. Really has nothing to do with MVP 2004 and its' data directory even tho that is where you have it located presently.

Move your Poon.mbe file into your MVPEdit directory and Open it from MVPEdit. I think when you believe you are importing the Poon.mbe file from MVP 2004 into MVPEdit you are actually only importing the current default roster files from MVP 2004 and not the Poon.mbe file. In other words if you are in MVPEdit and start the Import function then select the Poon.mbe file you are actually only importing the MVP 2004 default rosters and you have only shown MVPEdit what directory those default rosters reside in by selecting the Poon.mbe file just as if you had only selected the Data Directory for MVPEdit.

So it is best you just move completely that Poon.mbe file by Copy/Paste or what ever you normally use to move files from one location to another and place it in the MVPEdit directory. Then just use the MVPEdit OPEN function and locate your Poon.mbe and click on it. You then should have those Poon roster and once you are ready you can then EXPORT them to MVP 2004 from MVPEdit. Don't forget to execute the RESET ROSTERS function in MVP 2004 once your Export from MVPEdit is completed.

Hope this helps,

Don

Don...

Thanks much for the info.

Interesting...I wondered if the ".mbe" file should be in the MVP2004 data folder....Yesterday I opened Windows Explorer and saw it was in the data folder and thought that was wrong.

Thanks for telling me it should be removed and only needs to be in the MVPedit folder.

Also....A big thank you for telling me to remember to execute the "Reset Roster" function once I enter the game.....I totally forgot that.

Sure does help to know what you are doing. :D

Thanks again.

tks,

There really is no reason for a .mbe file to be in the MVP 2004 Baseball data folder. Those files (.mbe) are MVPEdit type files and used only within MVPEdit. When MVPEdit Exports one of it's roster files (i.e. .mbe type) to the MVP data directory it updates several other MVP 2004 Baseball type files (like 8 or so - they are listed in the MVPEdit doc). MVPEdit does nothing outside of MVPEdit with the .mbe file itself.

Now when MVPEdit Imports from the MVP 2004 Baseball data directory it uses those same 8 or so files to construct a file that is then Saved into MVPEdit which becomes a .mbe type file.

That is why when you installed the Classic Roster Set into MVP 2004 Baseball and pointed MVPEdit to the MVP 2004 Baseball data directory (by clicking on the POON.mbe file) all you got were the Classic Rosters back into MVPEdit. All MVPEdit is asking you to do during an import operation is point him to the correct MVP 2004 Baseball data directory so he can extract those 8 files which he knows he needs to construct his .mbe roster file to later be used within MVPEdit. He really ignores your clicking of the POON.mbe file other than just to know what directory you are pointing to.

Talk at ya late,

Don

Archived