Another Home Run Issue

numbnutstubist

Hey guys,

Look, I know this is going to sound silly to some, but I'm playing in the first year of a dynasty with the Angels and a player that I created had about 220 home runs and a .647 average at the all star break. The problem that I have is that, since then, he's hit at least 20 more and the game is telling me that he has 228. Not only does the game rob home runs from me, but every home run that I don't get is counted as an at bat without a hit. So, instead of a .670 average with 245 home runs, I've got a .604 average with 228 homers. Is this a fixable bug?? I really don't feel like having a .100 average by the end of the season.

Now, I only ask this. If you have a smart-[naughty word] remark about how I shouldn't have that many home runs or whatever, save it. We've all got our ideas on how we want to play the game, and I'm playing it my way. End of story. But, if you're actually going to help, then thank you very much. Either way, thanks for reading. I appreciate your time.

You shouldn't hit that many homers! Just Kidding! I really don't know that could happen. Try reinstalling your game. Maybe a mod or something like that messed it up.

Reinstalling won't help, it's a bug.

There was a post about this issue a few months ago here on the site.

I seem to remember that a workaround for this was posted, but I may be mistaken on that.

Anyway numbnutstubist, if you want to be sure about this, (if there is a workaround or not) try doing a search in the forums.

Hey, once you figure out how to hit them, nothing can stop you... except doin' what I do and swingin' at every piece a junk the pitchers throw at me. I woulda been to 228 ten games before the break if I was a bit more patient at the plate. *LOL* But, meh. I kinda like swingin' with no up button anyhow. Homers do occasionally come, and it's more realistic than the awesome 500 foot towers that I generally hit.

Have fun, man.

Hey, once you figure out how to hit them, nothing can stop you... except doin' what I do and swingin' at every piece a junk the pitchers throw at me. I woulda been to 228 ten games before the break if I was a bit more patient at the plate. *LOL* But, meh. I kinda like swingin' with no up button anyhow. Homers do occasionally come, and it's more realistic than the awesome 500 foot towers that I generally hit.

Have fun, man.

If you are not really challenged by the mode you are playing, why not up it to a harder mode? (unless you already are playing in MVP mode)

Another thing I would suggest is to alter your datafile to make it harder to hit homers. This is what I did. I hardly hit a homerun ever. (though I don't really play against the computer anyway. I almost strictly play only against friends either hotseat or IP to IP)

Like I said in the original post, I'm playing the game the way I want to. I really like just beatin' the wholy heck outta the ball. To be totally honest, I'm really just rookin' it fer now. Sooner or later, I'll up it... but for now I'm just cruisin'.

Anywho... catch ya later. Thanks very muc hfor the advice. I was going to try to do a search... just couldn't find the search page or whatever. Maybe I'm just a tard or somethin'. *LOL*

Thanks again.

DOOD, I really am a tard!! There's the search button right there. Durrrrrrr. *LOL*

• 2 weeks later...

Archived