New to PC version of MVP, need help loading updated rosters

wmtroop

I'm new to the pC version of MVP. Can some explain how I can load an updated roster. I have a roster update from the web, but everytime I go to load rosters it say I don't have an MVP file on by hard disk. I just got the pc verision of the game because of the patches and Mods, but I fairly new to all of this.

Which roster update did you get?

There are 2 varieties...

One updates the game's default rosters, which doesn't require any loading within the game. This would be a roster update like Kerm's. These files get extracted to MVP's data directory, typically "C:Program FilesEA SportsMVP Baseball 2004data".

The other is a roster save, like BigM1ke's, which does require loading within the game. These files get extracted to the "My Documents/MVP Baseball 2004/" directory.

You're going to find out in a hurry that to receive help you need to provide more information.

Where did you put the files that came in Kerm's update? Did you extract all of the .dat files out of the .zip file into the data directory?

And as I said before, Kerm's roster update doesn't require loading after you get into the game. If you go into the game, and the rosters haven't changed, you didn't put the files into the right place.

More info will make it easier for someone to help. ;)

snepp

I wish I had more information to give, but I'm struggling to understand what I need to do. When I down load the updated roster where should I tell it to save it to? after that step what's next. This is my first time with all of this stuff. Iguess I'm not understanding how to extract a file and such. Thanks

thanks for the info on unzipping a file, but when I down load the roster and it ask me where do i want to save it, i put it to my desktop and then I go to extract all files and I tell it to I put in the c drive, ea sports folder, mvp baseball, data folder, then data file. IS this correct or not?

My guess is, its not, because the roster still does not load when I start the game.

THanks again

That's partially right. Kerm's file is actually 2 zip files. So when you extract the first zip file, it is placing the 2nd zip file inside of that MVP directory.

Try this...

1. Unzip the file you downloaded to the desktop, a new zip file should appear.

2. Unzip that new zip file to the MVP data directory.

That should do it for you.

Archived