the new EA patch: worth bothering? and dynasty MVP points

Have you installed (or will you install) the latest EA patch?  

12 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

CRITICAL NOTE: because I'd like to know the answer to #2, and for posterity, I'm leaving the original post, but I now know that I'm sadly mistaken in #1 about there being an early-June EA patch. Sorry for the confusion!

Oh, and let's make the poll question: "Are the Rockies going to the World Series this year?"

A couple of things, if you'd care to weigh in:

1. Is the new (early June?) EA patch worth applying? I'm already using the progression mod and the RRodkey mod that the Total Minors v2 creator recommends, and I'm not seeing choppy graphics (although I sometimes see a chop or two per game, max), so it doesn't seem like the EA patch addresses any problem I have. But maybe the EA readme doesn't mention everything the patch is good for?

2. I followed something I read on here the other day, and loaded my MVP profile after I loaded my dynasty, but still didn't get any MVP points after the dynasty mode game. Do you even get points for doing things during a dynasty mode game, or is it just for exhibitions?

Thanks, signed,

Someone who thinks that the Rockies did a good job in only losing 2-1 in the Bronx last night.

There's a new patch out already?? Can you post a link to it?

There's no new patch. (He says early June, but it was early May). He has to be talking about the one that's been out for a while now. Maybe it's just new for him because he just got the game(?) and most of us have had it since it first came out. (guessing)

As for the patch, it's a no-brainer Coors. You'd be silly NOT to download it. The lefty bug has been fixed among other things. While it hasn't fixed everything and there a few bugs remaining, with this patch it's easily the best game out there. (My 2 cents)

Alright, I get it. The EA patch 2 from early May, which I installed a million years ago (for the record, I bought MVP 2004 as soon as the dude at EB Games opened the FedEx box!) was just posted on 6/6 to an "official patches" section of the MVPmods downloads area. So I thought that was a new official patch, b/c I keep forgetting that it was "patch 2" because I was busy graduating from school and missed "patch 1."

Thank you for your kind notes of clarification. Now, anyway, what about getting points for dynasty mode games so that I can unlock all those goodies?

Thanks again.

I think what is confusing some regarding Patch #2, is that it showed up in "Downloads" on June 6.

It is listed as Patch #2 which is the patch issued by EA in May.

If you read the text file you will realize this is the same patch that most of us already installed some time back.

to get points in my profile, I loaded my profile when i started the game, then I loaded my dynasty, played whatever i wanted in my dynasty, saved it, quit the dynasty, and then saved my profile. You have to save the profile before you exit MVP or else everything is lost. You do get points in the dynasty, I've reached my max of 50000 now.

Archived