3 Pitcher Questions

RobMac

I posted this over at EA, but got no responses, so maybe someone here could be more helpful 8)

-----------

Disclaimer: half of these questions are probably common knowledge but im a baseball newb... so any help is appreciated =)

1: Whats so special about a 'set-up' pitcher?

is there any noticable difference between a SU and a MRP? i just assume you can place a guy in the SU spot if he is playing well and he will get more chances of coming in the 8th inning than the 6th... so is it just a title to give and all releif pitchers do just that, or are there special attributes for set-up pitchers?

2: 4-man rotation

I notice that after 4 games my ace is at full stamina and ready to go and this cycle carries round all the time... it seems logical to go with a 4man roatation but are there long term side effects like real life? do pitchers total stamina decrease throughout a season? if they havnt had that extra day to recover will their stamina drop quicker per-pitch in their next start?

3: Calling up pitchers

If i was to send down a releiver who isnt cutting it in the MLB... would i need to send up another releiver, or if i have a young starter in the AAA would moving him to MLB releiver help his progression or seriously hinder it....

------------------

Thanks in advance :)

1.setup pitchers are usually better then middle men and not as good as the closer so they setup the closer and relif the middle men

2. prob not its only a game same thing with the fielders u cant start them 4 162 games straight and nothing will happen

3. it will help them if u put them as middle relif or setup or closer if u put them as long men prob nothing

ah yea... k...

so some follow up questions:

i dont think theres anything in the sliders (i cant put user pitcher fatigue any lower, i got it at a good challenging setting) but maybe theres a mod or someone could look into the datafile for pitcher recovery time? if some of the hardcore modders from the other forum come here could you let me know if something like this is possible? id like to be forced to use a realistic rotation

will my young AAA starter develop more as an AAA starter or MLB situational guy ie: set-up

im guessing AAA

setup men are also a quick pop of change between the relievers and the closer. Most setup mean either have really mean junk, or throw gas, and don't really do the middle relief thing cuz they give it all they got for 1 or 2 innings max.

Your set-up and middle relief bullpen rosters would have been a BIG part of the game had they(EA) done the fatigue factors the way they should have.In my dynasty I use my pitchers like I would if I was actually managing and try not to use the same guys all the time in middle relief and setup.Of course when the game is tight late innins you gotta do what ya gotta do......And to be fair I use the 5 man rotation, of course if I was in a pennant drive late season I might go to my #1 guy out of sequence.

yea... well, i give all my guys in the bullpen a shot... mostly to keep them happy for playing time...

if im completely losing in a game ill usually give all my pinch hitters and unused releivers a run out... see what they got

and i noticed that my 2 set up men both have under 40 stamina... so they can go 1 inning max...

i also have bullpen fatigue grace up very high (+25) so i have to really plan out my bullpen use in the game and they feel the afteraffects the following day

well i have bullpen fatigue at +6... thats fairly normal...

and bullpen fatigue grace at +25... i have to start a releif pitcher warming up on my first out while batting for him to be ready for the next inning, and if i start someone while pitching he wont come in that inning fully set unless its lots of pitches thrown...

on zero all i would need to do it have a mound visit and my bullpen would be ready

Archived