Question for Five....

The Great Nad

In that other thread, I gave you 2 suggestions and pointed you in the direction you needed to go (to get them working with the game).

Since, I am unsure of which converter you decided to purchase, here is the relevant snippet:

If you get either one of those converters, you can use my faq, to get it working with MVP. I didn't put it in the faq yet, but you need additional drivers in order for the Radio Shack one to vibrate.

That should set you straight, post back if you need additional help or if you ended up going with an adaptor that's not in my faq.

Thanks everyone for your help.

However, i'm getting confused by renaming the property should i just double click the OEMName and change it from the name that i got from the joy.cpl to Logitech Dual Action or delete everything in that folder and add a new entry?

Thanks again to all

Nad

should i just double click the OEMName and change it from the name that i got from the joy.cpl to Logitech Dual Action

Yes, this is exactly what you do. Double click on OEMName and rename it to Logitech Dual Action.

or delete everything in that folder and add a new entry

Do not delete anything.

Once you get the game up and running post back if something is wrong (controller-wise), if you need an updated controller.cfg file we'll fix you up.

The only problem i'm having is the sliding is messed up so i guess i'll have to fix that.

1 - How is it messed up?

2 - I assume, that it is just wrong (i.e. you dive by pressing up and jump by pressing down or something).

3 - If that is the case, explain the incorrect button mapping (i.e. what each direction is causing).

4 - Post the following code from your controller.cfg:

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_RIGHT= axis-

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_LEFT= axis+

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_UP= axis+

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_DOWN= axis-

The controller.cfg can be opened with notepad and it is located in your MVP Folder that is in your My Documents folder.

5 - When you post the R Stick Code it will have axis- and a number (i.e. axis- 3).

I remember that the right analog was messed up when I started, too.

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_UP= axis+ 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_DOWN= axis- 3

those settings should give you the right directions , as in up is jump, left and right are dives , and down is a dive, you get the idea now.

Archived